Motion Sickness/Medication

On 4/28/2024 at 9:07 AM, Vict0riann said:

I seem to remember someone on our recent TA on Nieuw Statendam went to the Front Desk to get a seasick pill and was charged.

We were not charged on NS TA Nov Dec 2023. Cabinmate got 2 packs almost every day, never charged, but was told she couldn't get more than 2 at a time which is why she went back every day.

We kept green apples & ginger ale in the cabin for her as well.

On 4/28/2024 at 3:00 PM, YourWorldWithBill said:

We also bought the ErmTerm and DW will try it on our Baltic cruise in a week.

Interested in learning how they worked for DW and her feedback if you'll kindly come back to update us.

Safe travels - enjoy your cruise!

I get motion sickness very easily. I relied on the patch for many years without side effects but hated the expense.  Our last 3 cruises I have used bonine prophactivally daily and had no problems . I’ll be picking up the generic before this cruise. Thanks!

This was a few years ago but during rough seas on a Transatlantic crossing Guest Relations had a bowl full of packets of Meclazine sitting on the counter. I think it was 2 to a packet. You could help yourself. No charge at that time. I even recall a Pacific crossing from Vancouver to Hawaii that didn't seem rough but the spacing of the waves and the pitching of the ship caused many people to feel unwell. They also provided free Meclazine then. 

Wonder if its still available at Guest Relations without charge?

Jim

On 4/29/2024 at 3:19 PM, Haljo1935 said:

Interested in learning how they worked for DW and her feedback if you'll kindly come back to update us.

Safe travels - enjoy your cruise!

Now if I can just find something to make my memory work! 

And CC stopped sending me email notices about the HAL boards, because I accidently clicked "spam"; they restored that once, and in that email told me if I did it again I was expelled. I emailed them again, no response this time.

But I use Roy's @rafinmd page to see the new postings!

1 hour ago, senorjim said:

This was a few years ago but during rough seas on a Transatlantic crossing Guest Relations had a bowl full of packets of Meclazine sitting on the counter. I think it was 2 to a packet. You could help yourself. No charge at that time. I even recall a Pacific crossing from Vancouver to Hawaii that didn't seem rough but the spacing of the waves and the pitching of the ship caused many people to feel unwell. They also provided free Meclazine then. 

Wonder if its still available at Guest Relations without charge?

Jim

It was given at no charge as recently as Dec '23/Jan '24 on K'dam, Oct/Nov '23 & Nov/Dec '23 on NS, May '23 on Eurodam. Each time it was the small 2-pack.

On recent Koningsdam eclipse cruise, DH got pills from guest services. Cost $2 for 2 pills. He was advised to break off part of pill and take small portion to keep from getting sleepy. Worked well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1