Booking excursions 365 days ahead

gailellen12

EJL2023 is correct. And if there is a tour that you really want and/or it looks like something that will sell out quickly, book it sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, halfapair said:

EJL2023 is correct. And if there is a tour that you really want and/or it looks like something that will sell out quickly, book it sooner rather than later.

Good point on sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, halfapair said:

book it sooner rather than later.

And, probably, a greater need to do so now we have Simply More. There will be folk who, previously, took one of the "perks" other than excursions but will now book excursions because the excursion credit is included in the fare. It puts additional demand on the  supply. 

I presume, perhaps wrongly, that O will have ramped up the number of places available, knowing there will be increased demand. Does anyone have a sense how much ramping up has actually gone on? 

I booked my Japan excursions today, the day they opened, for my Tokyo - Vancouver Riviera cruise on 25 April 2025. Might end up rescheduling Japan to a future year if my very expensive Cape Town to Doha on Regent in 2025 is a go.

I’m still trying to fill out my 18-day port intensive cruise in NW Europe this August w excursions using local providers. It’s a lot of work! Only doing 2 ship excursions on the more remote islands, as a safeguard.

While our recent Sirena cruise was new to Simply More excursions were hard to come by. We booked within days of the Simply More conversion was introduced.

Several in our group needed accessible tours and they were almost non-existant. Hopefully O has gotten a better handle on their offerings.