Sunset Veranda Deck 10

dacf

Posted (edited)

Hi

We booked a Sunset Veranda - deck 10 on Celebrity Equinox.   I noticed in pics, the hang over from the outdoor eating area off of the buffet appears to hang over the top decks creating shade on the balcony.   Would we still get the shade from the over hang on deck 10?  Our cabin is 1407.   We still have an opportunity to drop down to deck 9 if we need to.   I would like to sit out on our balcony without the over hang above our heads.  Thanks for any help you can offer.

Edited by dacf

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, dacf said:

Hi

We booked a Sunset Veranda on deck 10.   I noticed in pics, the hang over from the outdoor eating area off of the buffet appears to hang over the top decks creating shade on the balcony.   Would we still get the shade from the over hang on deck 10?  Our cabin is 1407.   We still have an opportunity to drop down to deck 9 if we need to.   I would like to sit out on our balcony without the over hang above our heads.  Thanks for any help you can offer.

Which ship are you on?

Edited by mauimary

Posted (edited)

We have been on deck 10 on both the Solstice and Eclipse Sunset Verandas. What you have is a partial overhang from the verandas on Deck 11. You can see down into the outer edges of the verandas from the Oceanview outside deck  as well as the verandas above you.  The overhang gives you a little bit of shade which can be very welcome as well as offer some privacy. If you prefer total sun just pull your chairs forward. 

Edited by mauimary

We sailed in Sunset Veranda either 1407 or 1409 on Deck 10 of the Equinox last June (can’t remember which cabin but I believe it was 1409) and the balcony was pretty much in sun all day. I prefer shade so usually camped out on Deck 5 starboard reading & drinking coffee (if you find the right spot there you are practically right outside Cafe Al Bacio). But we spent every evening on our SV and it was just wonderful!! Enjoy t your fantastic location!