Britannia today, any questions?

5 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Just a note on the food. Most of it has been quite good, especially breakfast and lunch. 

The evening meals have been OK, some good, some not so. 

I listened to all these people who kindly reminded us that us meat eaters can eat vegan food, I wasn't aware😂

I tried Marcos Leek & Potato presse, it was absolutely rank, almost inedible. 

It was just layers of leek, served with a side of red onion!!!

It was overcooked and difficult to cut, let alone eat... 

Our GF vegetarian companion has been very well looked after with plenty of choice, both in the MDR and buffet, although some of the meals have been hit and miss. 

We have given up on the desserts, they are either tasteless, too dry or both. 

I have been sticking to the ice cream. 

All in all though, the food offering has been more than adequate. 

Ray Quinn in the Limelight tonight, so looking forward to that. 

I hope you are all well? 

Andy

Hi Andy, glad  you’re enjoying yourselves. We saw Ray Quinn on Britannia, hope you enjoy it as much as we did, he puts on a good show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Ooh if your on the 14th June (like me) it’s Kevin Simm in the Limelight.

Yes its the 14th for us too!

Do you know if he is any good and how did you know that!

28 minutes ago, CCFC said:

Yes its the 14th for us too!

Do you know if he is any good and how did you know that!

I’m on a page on a popular social media site and a couple of weeks ago someone posted the restaurants were available to book! I booked one and then saw everyone complaining they couldn’t book- the P&O site had crashed with everyone booking! We got an email saying if you got the confirmation email (which I did) it was ok.
Anyway I could see the Limelight and it was Kevin Simm  but couldn’t decide whether to book it or not. I didn’t know his name but recognised his photo. He used to sing with Liberty X and now with Wet Wet Wet. Lots of people said they enjoyed his show.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lucysnan said:

We saw Kevin Simm in the Limelight on Britannia in June last year. He was excellent, lovely voice and good rapport with the audience.

Agreed. We saw him on Iona last year

Very personable, great sense of humour as well as a good voice. We had a great night 

• Like 2

So drink prices are creeping up, but definitely not jumping up. A pint that I think was £5.10 last year is now £5.30, so not enough to break the bank. 

I can still get a pina colada for £7.50, cheaper than many land based outlets. 

Andy 

Screenshot_20240430_145409_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240430_145354_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

So drink prices are creeping up, but definitely not jumping up. A pint that I think was £5.10 last year is now £5.30, so not enough to break the bank. 

I can still get a pina colada for £7.50, cheaper than many land based outlets. 

Andy 

Screenshot_20240430_145409_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240430_145354_com.android.chrome.jpg

Thanks Andy👍🏻

Those are the same prices as February, so it looks like the anticipated price rise on drinks hasn't happened yet.

Mind you, you may wish to check the physical menus too; in October we encountered a problem where the prices on the My Holiday app/non-app were showing old prices, whereas the physical menus reflected the September price increases. That was a fleet wide problem.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TigerB said:

Thanks Andy👍🏻

Those are the same prices as February, so it looks like the anticipated price rise on drinks hasn't happened yet.

Mind you, you may wish to check the physical menus too; in October we encountered a problem where the prices on the My Holiday app/non-app were showing old prices, whereas the physical menus reflected the September price increases. That was a fleet wide problem.

That's definitely the prices we have been paying. 

Just spoke to a beverage manager, he said he is unaware of any upcoming price rises, but described himself as a ' mushroom', so wouldn't be told anyway😂🍄

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

That's definitely the prices we have been paying. 

Just spoke to a beverage manager, he said he is unaware of any upcoming price rises, but described himself as a ' mushroom', so wouldn't be told anyway😂🍄

Andy 

That's good.  It was the Assistant F&B Manager on Iona that told me in February the next increase will be in May/June time and it would be 'across the board'.

• Like 1

Hi Andy. I hope you're having a great cruise.

I'm hovering over Britannia for a 14 nighter to the Canaries end of Aug.

I'm just wondering what your opinion on the cabins and general areas of the ship are now after the refit. I think you said new carpets but does it all look quite uptogether (no yellow loo seats etc)🤣

cheers

• Like 1

Did you notice if there was 10% off the classic drink package when you got on please? When I was looking at this cruise it was offered with 10% off then by the time I booked it had gone! Not sure whether to wait until we board and hope its 10% off or just bite the bullet.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, S_latham said:

We have the basic refresh drinks package. It says we can get the soft drinks which are "on tap". Are these available at all the resteraunts and the buffet? 

“On tap” may be a bit misleading. It means soft drinks poured from the tap at a bar (i.e., those multi drink dispensers attached to a hose). There are no self service options so in the buffet it’s a case of trying to catch the attention of a drinks waiter. It also means no bottled soft drinks are included. Our son quickly got bored of lemonade and Pepsi on our last cruise so we ended up getting him a bottled soft drink on occasions. 

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, doog442 said:

Hi Andy. I hope you're having a great cruise.

I'm hovering over Britannia for a 14 nighter to the Canaries end of Aug.

I'm just wondering what your opinion on the cabins and general areas of the ship are now after the refit. I think you said new carpets but does it all look quite uptogether (no yellow loo seats etc)🤣

cheers

Our loo seat definitely isn't yellow, (yet) 😊

To me the ship feels brand new, 95% of carpets and furnishings have been updated, lots of new varnish and paint. 

They are still touching up cabin doors and painting around the lifeboats. 

While I am typing this, I am looking at a mark on my cabin ceiling that I hadn't noticed before, so thanks for that😂

All in all, she is in great condition. 

Andy 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GSPG said:

Is it still okay to bring a litre of vodka on board?

Well, we’ll be next to Russia in Tallinn on the 18th!

Yes, seems to be. 

You definitely can when first boarding. 

I think if you buy it in port, they 'can' hold it for you until the end of the cruise, but that doesn't seem to be being enforced. 

Andy 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, S_latham said:

We have the basic refresh drinks package. It says we can get the soft drinks which are "on tap". Are these available at all the resteraunts and the buffet? 

Damian has kindly answered this, you will need to be served the drinks and it's very limited. 

Andy 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CCFC said:

Did you notice if there was 10% off the classic drink package when you got on please? When I was looking at this cruise it was offered with 10% off then by the time I booked it had gone! Not sure whether to wait until we board and hope its 10% off or just bite the bullet.

It was offered almost right up to sailing on our personaliser, but I didn't see if it was offered on board. 

The queue at Brodies on the first day to sign up for it was huge, so might be worth booking before. 

Just a note on the drinks package, I don't think any of the 7 of us who have travelled would have got any value from it, and we seem to be drinking loads. 

Most beers around a fiver and most cocktails £7.50, a bottle of the wine we like is £25, so buying as you go has given us the flexibility we like. 

Andy

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

It was offered almost right up to sailing on our personaliser, but I didn't see if it was offered on board. 

The queue at Brodies on the first day to sign up for it was huge, so might be worth booking before. 

Just a note on the drinks package, I don't think any of the 7 of us who have travelled would have got any value from it, and we seem to be drinking loads. 

Most beers around a fiver and most cocktails £7.50, a bottle of the wine we like is £25, so buying as you go has given us the flexibility we like. 

Andy

We don’t drink less than we want but never find the package good value for us! 

• Like 1

Hi Andy. Thank you so much for this. I'm going on Britannia on 10th May so you're making me very excited. Have you seen anyone braving the pools? I take it they are freezing? When I was on Arvia a lady was telling me how much p&o had changed over the years and how it used to be so much better for families. She said you used to be able to see steam coming from the pools but now they are all cold.

Thank you x