Reflection - Sofa Bed vs Upper Bed

Tried doing a search but couldn't find anything. We will have 3 of us (me, my wife, and our 15-year old 5'10" son). Looking at a veranda cabin on Reflection that can hold all 3 of us. Wondering if anyone has any info or preferences when it comes to getting a sofa bed versus an upper bed.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, metsfan1968 said:

Wondering if anyone has any info or preferences when it comes to getting a sofa bed versus an upper bed.

try to get one that has both. We booked an inside cabin on Reflection which had both. Our 13 5'5 yo loves pullman beds. He would have been comfortable on either the sofa or the pullman bed, but if given a choice, he always chooses the upper bunk. So, it depends on what your kid will be comfortable in at that height and whether he is still agile enough. 🙂

I am not, but I am 50, not 15. 🙂

Here is a link to our cabin review with pics:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/3002524-a-great-first-cruise-on-celebrity-reflection-review-dailies-menus-food-and-cabin-pics-march-2024/#comment-67222957

I was surprised by how spacious the inside cabin was. We are so used to microscopic cabins on RCI Oasis class....

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

try to get one that has both. We booked an inside cabin on Reflection which had both. Our 13 5'5 yo loves pullman beds. He would have been comfortable on either the sofa or the pullman bed, but if given a choice, he always chooses the upper bunk. So, it depends on what your kid will be comfortable in at that height and whether he is still agile enough. 🙂

I am not, but I am 50, not 15. 🙂

Here is a link to our cabin review with pics:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/3002524-a-great-first-cruise-on-celebrity-reflection-review-dailies-menus-food-and-cabin-pics-march-2024/#comment-67222957

I was surprised by how spacious the inside cabin was. We are so used to microscopic cabins on RCI Oasis class....

Thank you! So, the upper bed is over the couch. We've been on RCI ships where the upper bed(s) were over the main bed. And looks like they have some available with both. Not a bad idea to grab one with both.

• Like 1

If you could get an ultra deluxe veranda these have loads of space.  Separate double bedroom, separate small bunk room and large lounge/dining area.  A bit more expensive than a normal vernada but worth it for the space.  There are only 4 right at the front of the ship.  Only downside is very noisy going into port early morning.  These cabins are gradually being turned into suites though as the ships go into dry dock, with the prices more than doubling, so may not be an option?

On 4/27/2024 at 5:34 AM, FINTPOPE said:

If you could get an ultra deluxe veranda these have loads of space.  Separate double bedroom, separate small bunk room and large lounge/dining area.  A bit more expensive than a normal vernada but worth it for the space.  There are only 4 right at the front of the ship.  Only downside is very noisy going into port early morning.  These cabins are gradually being turned into suites though as the ships go into dry dock, with the prices more than doubling, so may not be an option?

Unfortunately, those appear to be booked for the sailing date we're looking at. Not sure we'd be keen on being in the very front of the ship for motion reasons, either. Thank you, though.