IJmuiden to Train Station (at Schipol)

Posted (edited)

Hello. My ship is scheduled to arrive at 7:00 am on a Saturday in IJmuiden (HAL). What would be the earliest time to safely schedule a train trip from The Schipol airport train station. (Taxi/Uber or ship transfer are options)

Edited by mawvkysc

1 hour ago, Dutch_Travelgirl said:

Where do you want to take the train to? To somewhere in the Netherlands? Or to a destination outside the Netherlands? If so, where to?

I am looking at some direct trips to Venlo Netherlands. It’s gets us to about a 1/2 hour away from my sister in Germany. 

Posted (edited)

Trains in the Netherlands are mass transit. You can’t book a train from Schiphol to Venlo, just like you can’t book a subway from Lower Manhattan to Upper Manhattan in New York. Trains have free seating and can’t be booked. You simply tap your credit card at the reader when you enter the train station, board the train, and tap out again when you leave the train station in Venlo. 
There are direct trains from Schiphol Airport to Venlo. They leave every hour at .19 and .49. So at 9:19, 9:49, 10:19, 10:49 etc etc etc. 

See the official website of the Dutch national railway company for fares, schedules and to buy tickets should you not wish to tap your credit card. 
https://www.ns.nl/en

Edited by Dutch_Travelgirl
  • Thanks 2