First MSC cruise on Virtuosa

abbeydoo

Have a last minute 2 night cruise booked on the Virtuosa for next weekend. Have not sailed MSC before and there are a couple of things I haven't been able to work out. I'm sailing in a deluxe interior with the fantastica package. 

- beds. I cannot see where I can select twin beds rather than a double. 

- MDR meals. Will put party of two be able to request a table just for us? Sharing a table with others is not our preference. 

-drinks. My package is tea, coffee, water in the MDR. I am assuming/hoping some type of juice will be available at the buffet throughout the day? 

- Voyager club. I was fortunate to have my status matched with gold from Carnival platinum. Looking at the terms of the programme I will not be able to access many perks as the cruise is only two days and I booked at short notice? 

Any feedback gratefully appreciated.

Posted (edited)

You should have been able to select your bed preference when you booked.  Did you do this through MSC directly, or via a travel agent?   If you don't think you have selected a preference at any point, you will probably find that it's been set as a double.   Just ask your cabin steward, as a double bed is two singles joined together.  

The MDR table - your allocated restaurant and table number will be on your cruise card.   If it's not a table for 2 if that's your preference, speak to the maitre d', who I'm sure will be able to accommodate you in one of the restaurants.

Juice is available in the Market Place buffet, definitely through breakfast service.  Orange, pineapple, apple, grapefruit and ACE (tropical vitamin juice (it's lovely!)).  It used to also be available at lunch too, but I haven't been on Virtuosa since last May.  I've since been on Euribia, when it was only available at breakfast, so not sure if that is a fleet wide change or not.

Unsure about the Voyager status, as I've not done a short cruise since the first post-covid resumption.

Edited by showingdiva

10 hours ago, showingdiva said:

Juice is available in the Market Place buffet, definitely through breakfast service.  Orange, pineapple, apple, grapefruit and ACE (tropical vitamin juice (it's lovely!)).  It used to also be available at lunch too, but I haven't been on Virtuosa since last May.  I've since been on Euribia, when it was only available at breakfast, so not sure if that is a fleet wide change or not.

Yeah, juice is breakfast only fleetwide, unless you have a drinks package which covers it.

• Like 1

@abbeydoo Far as I'm aware all Gold level perks still apply on mini cruises, although there may not be a voyagers club invitational event, unless it's part of a longer cruise.

• Complimentary one-hour thermal area session once per cruise
  • Complimentary gift
  • Priority disembarkation in ports where a tender boat is required
  • Complimentary MSC Voyagers Club Photo
  • Complimentary birthday cake
  • 30% off on onboard pictures
  • 15% off on digital accessories
  • 10% off on Wi-Fi packages (Browse Cruise / Browse & Stream Cruise)
  • 10% off on laundry

I think you only get the free voyagers club photo if they do a voyagers club event, we didn’t have one on either of our 4 night cruises but we did on the 7 night cruise, 

Thank you everyone. I have no recollection of specifying twin beds but sounds easy to sort out on board. Sturdy drinks bottle will be packed!