Looking for Alan and Alana

RSteele

There is a brother /sister team that entertains for Princess. They have been on the Royal Princess in the past and were going to transfer to another ship when the Royal went back to P&O. I'm trying to find which ship they transferred to. Has anyone sailed with them recently? Thanks. Linda

hi, i was on the sea princess 26 nov last year and there was a singing duo called alan & alana singing most nights in the crooners lounge. my mother & father really enjoyed listening to them most nights hope this helps.

Thanks for the info...they are friends with my daughter who worked for Princess and we have been on the Royal a couple of times with them...it's good to know where they might be if I get a chance to sail with them again. Now, I'm also looking for Trixie..she was the director of shore excursions...neat lady.

They were on the Sea Princess over the Christmas / New Year period. On speaking with them they were leaving the ship in Barbados on 21st January 2006 and returning to the UK for 2 months holiday after which they were returning to the Sea Princess initially for a 6 month period. Alan said that the 6 months normally extends but they really wanted to have Xmas at home in their new house this year.

I do have their personal e-mail address somewhere if your daughter would like it?

There is a brother /sister team that entertains for Princess. They have been on the Royal Princess in the past and were going to transfer to another ship when the Royal went back to P&O. I'm trying to find which ship they transferred to. Has anyone sailed with them recently? Thanks. Linda

I am sailing on the CB May 20-27. On our roll call they appeared saying they were going to be cruising with us May 13-20 so we fowarded them that roll call but have not heard from them again.

Alan and Alana were on our Sea Princess cruise in early December. About 2/3 of the passengers on our cruise were from the UK, and Alan and Alana had a big fan club. They were the most popular entertainers on the 14 day cruise and it was always packed in the Atrium when they performed. We thought Alan was a really top rate talent, and Alana just filled in a few gaps and was the social queen with all her table hopping and chatting with us passengers.

Hank

Alan and Alana were on our Sea Princess cruise in early December. About 2/3 of the passengers on our cruise were from the UK, and Alan and Alana had a big fan club. They were the most popular entertainers on the 14 day cruise and it was always packed in the Atrium when they performed. We thought Alan was a really top rate talent, and Alana just filled in a few gaps and was the social queen with all her table hopping and chatting with us passengers.

Hank

I'll try to be as diplomatic as possible. Let's just say Alana isn't the strongest singer.

Having said that, their quizzes are the best. We were on the penultimate ;) Royal Princess cruise last April/May as well as a B2B two years previously. The late night quizzes always drew a good sized crowd. I talked to Alan and he told me Alana is the one who comes up with the really witty bits. She has a very droll sense of humor and is something of a punster.

• 5 years later...

Alan & Alana are currently on the Dawn Princess which has just complete a World Cruise (2011), Sydney to Sydney.

Alana won employee of the month August 2011 (justly deserved) as on the longer cruises, with quite a few sea days, she is the ballroom, Latin, Juive, New Vogue dance instructor. Without a doubt she has to be one of the best teachers I have ever come across. By the 100th day of the cruise, with over half the passengers doing the whole thing, there were still up to 100 people a day attending the classes.

She also assisted brother Alan in organising the on board passenger choir, which at its peak had no less than 169 members.

At night, Alana would host a dance practice in the vista lounge, either to recorded music or the orchestra, before the 8:45pm to 11:30pm stint with Alan as singer and quiz assistant.

These two also wrote and took part in a couple of hilarious "radio show" Sherlock Holmes Musical Mysteries - which for my money were as good as or better than several so called comedians we had on board.

I think they are currently still on the Dawn doing the round Australia cruise. (The Dawn is basically Sydney based.)

Next year they are doing the 75 day Circle Pacific on the Dawn rather than the World Cruise (Sun princess).

Fantastic hard working duo and incredibly popular with the passengers, dance beginners particularly, but also experienced dancers.

We love them to bits.

• 1 year later...

Have just come back from a cruise on Sea Princess Alan and Alana was on that cruise 21 feb to 6 march. They are now on a Asian tour. Its 40 days, then on to Hawaii and then round the world and then another Hawaii and then on holidays. Will be on Sea Princess to 7 Ocober.

Christine

• 6 months later...

Just to advise that the wonderful team has just finished their stint on the Sea Princess. Just back from Hawaii trip on 7th Oct 2013.

They have a break for a while and their contract has been extended but unsure as to what ship they will be on next.

Lets hope they return to Princess on some lucky ship.

Wonderful people and very talented.

• 3 months later...
Just to advise that the wonderful team has just finished their stint on the Sea Princess. Just back from Hawaii trip on 7th Oct 2013.

They have a break for a while and their contract has been extended but unsure as to what ship they will be on next.

Lets hope they return to Princess on some lucky ship.

Wonderful people and very talented.

I too was on that cruise. Both wonderful entertainers. Alana dancing instructor. Both volunteers putting the paccenger 'Pop Choir' together and we did two full performances, and 2 'before dinner' items before the end of the cruise. I found this snippet: They've been on cruise ships for many years now. Love to know where they are now.

princess_logo_pop.gifSkip to content

Dawn Princess® – Sept. 2011:

Dawn_Cooper.jpg

Alana Cooper, Guest Entertainer

I was born in England and since my childhood I loved dancing, I was lucky enough to take classes at the Royal Academy of Dancing where I graduated when I was a teenager. After that, I started touring England with musical shows and later on I formed a partnership with my brother as the “Alan and Alana” duo. Lured by the sea, we joined P&O cruises in 1985 and then we transferred to Princess Cruises in December 1986, the old Royal Princess being our first ship.

There are no words to express how proud I felt when the Hotel General Manager, together with the Cruise Director shook my hand, in front of all my colleagues, informing and congratulating me for my award. Needless to say, I am very proud to have been chosen as Employee of the Month; I thank all my fellow crewmembers for their consideration and I will do my best to behave according to their expectations.

• 1 month later...
They are good at doing a quiz in the evenings. Alan tells really cheesy jokes but they are entertaining. We haven`t seen them since 2010 I think.

We were entertained by Alana & Alan in Sep/Oct 2013 on Sea Princess, Sydney/Hawaii/Tahiti/Sydney 35 day cruise. Then they were taking 'leave' not knowing when/if coming back. But I was informed: by email on 12 Feb 2014 " As for the onboard Entertainers, we know Alan and Alana very well, we also get a lot of compliments for them. I am aware that Alan and Alana have been given a contract to work on the World Cruise for Dawn Princess - May 2014. However, I will need to find out from our Entertainment Department in the US if they will commence their contract earlier...... Senior Customer Solutions Coordinator - Princess Cruises

Carnival Australia"

Unfortunately we won't be on that cruise.

y

Edited by Garboldisham
types and misisng words