Escape -10 day Barcelona to Venice ??

Hello out there

We have sailed NCL many times but this is our first Mediterranean (indeed,our first trip to Europe!) and I have some questions if someone would be so kind to answer.  It has been a minute since we have sailed NCL.

We have 2 free specialty dinners included, can we make reservations prior - I did check the website but unclear if I book these if payment will default to one of our complimentary or we will be charged again.  What is the best way to reserve dining-including complimentary dining?  This is a port intensive cruise with only 1 sea day and most port days until 6-8 pm.  Are the free restaurants just first come first serve.

Also, not intending to start dress code convo, I personally like to “dress for dinner”, but what is customary on European NCL cruise.  The last one we took was out of NY to Bermuda and as I remember, it was all pretty casual.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice

Karen (not a Karen - just Karen😉)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If you are planning to book MORE than your 2 included speciality restaurants, make sure to book those with fixed pricies first (Teppanyaki, Moderno, Food Republic are those that I come to think of). Booking a la carte restaurants do not incur any cost.

Dress code = casual or dress up. Up to you! I think Le Bistro is the one with the strictest dress code, but still not really "dressy". (To ask men to wear pants/jeans really isn't unreasonable in my opinion, but I know some men don't go there because of that. To each their own!)

Edit: I forgot! You tell them when arriving at the resatuarant that you want to use your free speciality perk.

As for the free venues there usually isn't too bad wait time if you just show up when you feel like it.

Edited by Asawi

You can book speciality restaurants 120 days out, either on the website, via chat or on the app. It is not necessary to book complimentary restaurants unless you have a large party and I would not bother for this type of cruise, as you will have very busy days. You might want to grab something quick in the buffet, or if you get back earlier try the MDR. 

Wear what you want but trust me, on these types of cruises, I am lucky if I get a chance to freshen up before eating and going to bed. I love food tours and trying to local cuisine off the ship so that by the time I get on, food is the last thing on my mind.

Enjoy your cruise.