Fusina shuttle into Venice

Elsie70

Does Viking provide a shuttle service from Fusina into Venice if you are not doing an excursion (included or optional)?

If so, how? We are docked in Fusina for 3 days so would like to explore independently too. Thanks.

We are currently aboard Star and I’d be surprised if they don’t - Athens, Dubrovnik and Corfu all had shuttle service to the center of the city.  If I see anything posted when we arrive on Wednesday I will take a photo and post it.

For transfer at the end of cruise from the ship to Fusina, there is an available shuttle to Statzione Marittima.

IMG_5804.jpeg

Elsie70-  Are you on Italy, The Adriatic & Greece cruise?  Wondering, as we're in same 3 day in Venice/not Venice situation.  Trying to make best of it, so eager to hear people's ideas.

Posted (edited)

Others have posted on this forum that they reserved a hotel room for one or two nights. Seeing Venice at night after the tourists have left is magical.

IMG_0692.thumb.jpeg.bc174e6090d21c747a5cee886920d0b3.jpeg

IMG_0690.thumb.jpeg.7cb1be673dace6f7e20f1acdcb79ad80.jpeg

As a side note, when we docked at Chioggia, we were told that it can only handle one ship at a time. That is why you’ll see some sailings docking there and some in Fusina. Fusina is an industrial port and you need to be shuttled in and out. They drop you off at the old cruise terminal in Venice. Large ships are now banned from entering the lagoon. The local Italian tour guides told us how lucky we were to be in  Chioggia instead of what they call “the ugly place.” The downside is that Chioggia is very far away. 

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

We were on that cruise last October and had three days in Venice. Viking offered one Venice on your own transfer each day, it left I believe around 8:30 and went straight from the boat to a dock by St Marks square. I am not sure if you can use the transfer only once or on all three days, we used it on our middle day. It only gives you a certain number of hours ( I think around 5) before it returns, you can stay longer and make your own way back, which is what we did, first you take the water bus up the grand canal and get off at the stop where the old cruise port is, then hop on the people mover train to the old cruise port and  catch the shuttle bus sent by Viking to take you over the causeway and back to the ship

Elsie70: There was nothing publicly posted on the ship when we disembarked in Venice this morning about transportation into the city and return to the ship.  If there were passengers sailing back-to-back they received any shuttle privately.

8 hours ago, mlutz11175 said:

Elsie70: There was nothing publicly posted on the ship when we disembarked in Venice this morning about transportation into the city and return to the ship.  If there were passengers sailing back-to-back they received any shuttle privately.

Thanks for your reply.