Vancouver cruise terminal: Looking for parking options/advice

The long term parking at the cruise terminal for my 16 day cruise was quoted at over 900 dollars. Even in Canadian that's pretty steep. Wondering what advice or suggestions you wonderful people might have for me! We will be driving up from Bellingham WA and my husband is disabled, therefor we have a ramp van that allows him to stay in his power chair and deploy of the van... otherwise we would probably lean towards other transportation options.

That brings me to one last question: are accessible Cabs readily available in Vancouver?

Yes to the accessible cabs - legally every fleet has to provide ~17% of their vehicles as vans suitable for wheelchairs/scooters. Apps are a bit iffy - last time I checked with Yellowcab they would not guarantee vehicle type on the app, and there are zero accessible UberLyfts - so you may have to do the old-school phone the cab company thing to get to the pier, but post-cruise about 1 in 6 cabs rolling in will randomly be vans.

Given it's Bellingham I imagine you planned to come up same day; if you added on a night in the Accent Inn by the airport though you could get 2 weeks parking for $80 on top of room rate - not sure if extra individual days are a similar cost per day or a bit extra, but you'd probably be saving almost half the cost of parking even with two cab rides... they do have an airport shuttle, and SkyTrain is totally RORO, but no idea whether the shuttle vehicle could handle DHs chair...

I'm afraid that all local cab firms run randomly good to bad in quality of service, so I have no recommendation for who to call, but the hotel might. Alternatively, if you park in YVRs Value long-term lot you can access SkyTrain directly from the lot (daily rates here but no cab fare might still be a bit more than a night at Accent though...)

To avoid any Vancouver transpo needs, you could also book in the other half of the Convention Centre - it's literally just a few hundred yards along the sidewalk, and rates run approx. $26 a day which seems to be half what you've been quoted for the pier if you didn't mistype that $900!

• Like 1

We are also coming from Bham and hubby is using a folding power chair that is luggage size when folded, considerably easier to transport though. After a quote of over 400 CDN for Canada place parking for a week...we decided to go the route of Flixbus NB, and Quick Shuttle SB. Both take wheelchairs such as your husband uses on a limited basis, but you'd have to call them for availability.  I didn't check Amtrak this time but we've done that in the past. It ended up being one fourth the cost of parking not factoring in the  cab from Pacific station (Flixbus drops there) to Canada place. I couldn't sweet talk any relatives to drive us . 🤣