Displaced Brilliant MerMaiden deal turns out to be nearly useless

On multiple fronts.

Background for those who aren't familiar, if you had booked a MerMaiden on Brilliant from December and it was canceled, you were given the ability to choose another cruise of any length (same cabin type) without paying more, plus an extra $1k in loot.  THIS was a good deal.

However, in addition to that (and whether you accepted it or not), we were also told that we would get first dibs on the actual MerMaiden (same cabin type), with an additional $300 off plus $600 in sailor loot.

Well, the first dibs part is real.  We have a week to book starting today, where nobody else can.

BUT:

1) The $300 off plus $600 in sailor loot is not combinable with with MNVV.  This is just stupid.  The terms are the same as MNVV, so I'm getting nothing more than I already have.  And most people who would be using this deal already have or have access to an MNVV.

2) What they are charging for these voyages is absolutely ridiculous.  A central sea terrace for the 6 night Miami MerMaiden is almost $8,000!  I have a Rockstar 14 night sailing that's almost $2k less than that.

For #1, I'm sure people will say that I should be happy with what I got booking my alternate cruise, which I am.  But don't promise me more and give me nothing.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Did you get an email for the early booking? We were displaced (twice) from the Brilliant booking but I didn’t get any communication about it.

Agree the prices are absolutely absurd though. 

Edited by mattyeager

Just now, mattyeager said:

Did you get an email for the early booking? We were displaced (twice) from a Brilliant booking but I didn’t get any communication about it.

Yes I received the email at 1:31pm ET saying we could purchase the Mermaidens by May 7 before they go on sale to the public May 8. However, no prices were listed. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, mattyeager said:

Did you get an email for the early booking? We were displaced (twice) from the Brilliant booking but I didn’t get any communication about it.

Yes. I got mine at around the same time as above.

I never got this email and I was in the Brilliant Mermaiden too!

But that's ridiculous we can't combine this deal with an MNVV. They made it seem like they were giving us a gift and instead they're giving us what anyone else can have, and also charge double the price! Go figure

Prices below are pre-early access deal // MNVV pricing.

Brilliant Lady New York MerMaiden5-Night Voyage, September 5-10, 2025 2 Sailors in a The Sea Terrace Cabin: $4647
Brilliant Lady Miami MerMaiden8-Night Voyage, October 17-25, 2025 2 Sailors in a The Sea Terrace Cabin: $7487
Brilliant Lady Los Angeles MerMaiden5-Night Voyage, April 7-12, 2026 2 Sailors in a The Sea Terrace Cabin: $4405

Totally bonkers IMO. 3x+ the cost of the OG Mermaiden before we were displaced. 

Also struggling with how they think they can charge $4700 for a 5-night cruise, but then at the same time over a full month at sea for $10,000. 
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, WhyWeCruise said:

Brilliant Lady New York MerMaiden5-Night Voyage, September 5-10, 2025 2 Sailors in a The Sea Terrace Cabin: $4647
Brilliant Lady Miami MerMaiden8-Night Voyage, October 17-25, 2025 2 Sailors in a The Sea Terrace Cabin: $7487
Brilliant Lady Los Angeles MerMaiden5-Night Voyage, April 7-12, 2026 2 Sailors in a The Sea Terrace Cabin: $4405

Also struggling with how they think they can charge $4700 for a 5-night cruise, but then at the same time over a full month at sea for $10,000. 

Yes, these are the numbers I was given and declined.  I wonder how many people will actually pay this much.  I can't imagine why anyone would, considering you can go on an identical ship for the same amount of time for half as much or sometimes 1/3 as much.  But it will be really interesting to see what happens with this pricing, because if my gut is correct, they will need to lower them substantially.

1 hour ago, WhyWeCruise said:

Agreed! I just booked a 6 day RCI cruise in a Star Class suite for less than that! I’ll wait to see if prices drop. 

I have had 3 different agents email and call me in the last week about the "amazing special deal" they're offering to me because of my original cancelled Brilliant Mermaiden. Each time I politely tell them I'm not interested and do not see what is amazing, special, or a deal about charging twice the amount for a cruise that's 2 fewer days than my original. 

• Like 2