Anyone Booking QM2 Transatlantic 2007?

njreo

On most ships, at some point after you are first on board, the maitre d' is available in the dining room for specific dining requests. It wouldn't hurt to also call RSVP ahead of time and make sure all of your reservations are linked so that the may automatically assign the 6 of you to the same table. See you soon!

Can one reserve in advance?

With Cunard they normally ask for your table requests when you book so there's no too early. You might find that calling Cunard would ensure that you get the table you want.

hey Bay,

We got the same deal and are just up/down the hall in 6178. We will look for you.

Travel... don't try calling Cunard, as a charter they will just refer you back to RSVP. We had a couple friends that tried to call them and were told that almost everything goes through RSVP. Just a heads up, if you want to try, go for it.

Ed

Reading some of the prices you all got, I don't feel quite as good about this trip. :(

This is given that my partner can't join me and it cost about 4 times as much as our one week Disney cruise and more than double our upcoming 15 day Princess TA crossing with great stops.

But I'll be taking our nephew who is on his way to blindness, and he is really excited. That's worth it to both me and my partner.

I really look forward to meeting all of my CC peers.

Hey Nobbi,

If you paid the higher original prices, they should be able to do something for you, like an upgrade, a refund, or an onboard credit for the difference with the new lower prices. Call RSVP or your travel agent to see if they can do anything.

My husband and I (we are a straight couple) and our dog and cat, will also be on this cruise. We are moving to the UK, so we decided to cruise over rather than fly.

We are looking forward to this vacation, we need one!

Glad you are joining us. You sure picked a festive sailing. It should be quite special. Your pets will be well pampered. They will love the spa! (lol) When I moved to Hawaii (and back a few years later), it was quite challenging to move my 3 cats. Yours will much prefer the ship to a cargo hold of a plane. Best of luck on your move.

My husband and I (we are a straight couple) and our dog and cat, will also be on this cruise. We are moving to the UK, so we decided to cruise over rather than fly.

Hey, MistyMoo,

I love critters, so I'd love to meet yours, if allowed/possible. My partner unfortunately cannot accompany me. (He loves critters even more than I do.) So our straight, married, half blind (long story) nephew is our guest on this cruise. Although he is really ok with the gay thing (despite being a very devout Catholic), I'm sure he would appreciate a diverse crowd.

So I'm especially glad to hear y'all will be onboard. :p

Hey Nobbi,

If you paid the higher original prices, they should be able to do something for you, like an upgrade, a refund, or an onboard credit for the difference with the new lower prices. Call RSVP or your travel agent to see if they can do anything.

Thanks for the suggestion! :p

When they first did some promos, I was on the MexRiv cruise and I asked for the discount or whatever they were offering. But since we had booked a Queens Grill Suite, the promo did not apply. Still, we got an "upgrade" worth around $3K. It's the exact same cabin style more midship.

Well, I don't get seasick; I like turbulence on a plane. (Yes, I know, I'm weird.) But I appreciated the gesture.

Then my partner changed bosses, can't go, and I had to change passengers. They did it at no charge.

I was so glad that I didn't have to go by myself and we were able to change names. So I wasn't about to ask for a discount!

I look forward to meeting all the CC'ers.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Nobbi, our Maine Coon cat is not the friendly type, she prefers to hide from people. Our Border Collie, on the hand, loves meeting people because he thinks they all want to play with him. His favorite toy is a Frisbee, which must be caught with all four legs off the ground. I don't think we will be playing that on board as he doesn't always pay attention to what is going on around him, and I don't want him sailing off the deck:D You are more than welcome to meet us in the kennel some time if you want to meet/play with him.

I'll definitely stop by (now that I know you are single!) I'm in 6061 also a hull balcony.

Hey TravelingMan, Are you sure your stateroom number is correct? My deck plan shows 6061 as an inside. By the way, I am traveling with my good friend "bayotter" who's also posted here. I look forward to meeting you guys too. And I'm single, also! lol

On this trip it isn't the most exciting event, but it is a sign docs are coming soon. I received documents to return a piece of luggage through Cunard and it has my booking number on it.

Just thought you might need some encouragement.

Kip

Hi,

We actually looked in to sailing back on the June 4 sailing so that we could bring our yellow lab with us. Then we found out that you can't bring your pet to your cabin, so if you want to put us on your visitors list, we'd be happy to visit your pets in the kennel.

What kind of dog and what kind of cat?

:)

What kind of dog and what kind of cat?

:)

Ooops!...Should of read the rest of the postings before responding. We'd be happy to play with the border collie. I'm not sure what a coon cat is, but I am a Realtor and often when I am in a clients home they are amazed that their cats that usually do not like strangers come right up to me. So, I am willing to give the coon a try.

Hey TravelingMan, Are you sure your stateroom number is correct? My deck plan shows 6061 as an inside. By the way, I am traveling with my good friend "bayotter" who's also posted here. I look forward to meeting you guys too. And I'm single, also! lol

You are totally correct. I am in cabin 6109

Has anyone received their documents or tickets for the cruise at this point? We don't even have confirmation except through our travel agent.

Ivan

Same here. The only confirmation we have is an email from our travel agent and a charge on our credit card. Hope the docs come soon!

My travel agent said the documents will be sent out 21 days before departure. So hopefully we will get them next week.

For planning purposes, I called RSVP to inquire about the number of formal dinners and was told there will be two. These are in addition to the parties listed on the RSVP web-site. I guess I need to pack more than one gown.

I so happy Margaret Cho will be onboard and one of the performers. She is so funny. My very straight, very Catholic nephew who will be accompanying me on this trip just loves her. :)

For planning purposes, I called RSVP to inquire about the number of formal dinners and was told there will be two. These are in addition to the parties listed on the RSVP web-site. I guess I need to pack more than one gown.

I see on the RSVP web site that a leather party and a cockney T-dance have been added to the parties.

I know it's May and the QM2 is sailing in about3 weeks or so. But I've been offered a amazing rate for the QM2 sailing. An inside cabin at $199 plus port charges of $350 so the rate would be $550, plus if you need airfare from Southhampton. I can only get this rate if there are two people in my room, and at this point everyone I know can't get off work in time, so if anyone out there is looking for a roomy and hasn't booked yet, please let me know.

Please note this rate has been offered to me as an entertainer and is not available to the general public, so please don't contact RSVP and ask for this rate.

My email is aj@kissonair.com if you are interested!

I know it's May and the QM2 is sailing in about3 weeks or so. But I've been offered a amazing rate for the QM2 sailing. An inside cabin at $199 plus port charges of $350 so the rate would be $550, plus if you need airfare from Southhampton. I can only get this rate if there are two people in my room, and at this point everyone I know can't get off work in time, so if anyone out there is looking for a roomy and hasn't booked yet, please let me know.

Please note this rate has been offered to me as an entertainer and is not available to the general public, so please don't contact RSVP and ask for this rate.

My email is aj@kissonair.com if you are interested!

Actually, that rate is being offered to all takers thru TA's. It may have already expied, but obviously RSVP is trying hard to fill the ship!

I see on the RSVP web site that a leather party and a cockney T-dance have been added to the parties.

I see the notice too about the Leather Party in Q32 Disco. I'd love to go, and bring my leather, but , it's heavy and it takes up a lot of room in a suitcase.

does anyone recall prevous cruises with Leather Parties. Do many guys go? It is fun? Is it worth shlepping all that gear?

Thanks

I see the notice too about the Leather Party in Q32 Disco. I'd love to go, and bring my leather, but , it's heavy and it takes up a lot of room in a suitcase.

does anyone recall prevous cruises with Leather Parties. Do many guys go? It is fun? Is it worth shlepping all that gear?

Thanks

My last RSVP Cruise on the Diamond Princess had a very Hot Leather Party. Lots of Hot Men having fun in their Leather. Definitely Recommended!

Archived