Pol Acker

*Miss G*

Tried the Grand Imperial Brit in my QE cabin last night. My tastes may not be very sophisticated, but I actually enjoyed it.  Plus part of the appeal is just that it feels special to have it in my cabin.  I much prefer a bottle in my cabin to a glass of something as I board when I am weighed down with carryons, a practice that I have experienced on other ships.  

• Like 4

On 5/6/2024 at 7:17 AM, NancyDrew1953 said:

Tried the Grand Imperial Brit in my QE cabin last night. My tastes may not be very sophisticated, but I actually enjoyed it.  Plus part of the appeal is just that it feels special to have it in my cabin.  I much prefer a bottle in my cabin to a glass of something as I board when I am weighed down with carryons, a practice that I have experienced on other ships.  

Today a second bottle of Grand Imperial Brut appeared in my fridge!

I thought maybe it was in lieu of the Captain’s World Club reception, but just received an invitation to the reception.  So, I’m surprised to receive the second bottle two days after the first one.  It’s great that I’m enjoying it.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2024 at 9:03 AM, NE John said:

We donate PA to the crew. The cabin steward said the crew appreciates it. 

I didn’t know the crew could accept alcohol from passengers. That would be nice if they could since we left a bottle of Prosecco on our last voyage. 

26 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I didn’t know the crew could accept alcohol from passengers. That would be nice if they could since we left a bottle of Prosecco on our last voyage. 

I very much doubt that they can and strongly suspect that if a passenger does this they smile appreciatively and put the bottle back into stock. Even if they wanted the bottle (unlikely I should imagine) I doubt they would risk taking it back to their cabin. They would be terrified that it could be perceived that they had stolen it from the stocks that they distribute, which would result in instant dismissal. They would have no receipt for it or definitive proof that it had been gifted to them.  

• Thanks 2

I noticed from a Commodore Club drinks menu that someone has put up on another forum that they also have ISH alcohol free fizz which is a really good AF alternative. I've asked for our free fizz to be replaced with an AF alternative, so we'll see what comes - in Alaska in 2022 on QE we got a very nice AF rose instead. 

23 hours ago, NancyDrew1953 said:

Today a second bottle of Grand Imperial Brut appeared in my fridge!

I thought maybe it was in lieu of the Captain’s World Club reception, but just received an invitation to the reception.  So, I’m surprised to receive the second bottle two days after the first one.  It’s great that I’m enjoying it.

I have had extra bottles delivered from World Club part way through cruises before but I can’t remember  if that was post shut down or how long the cruise was.