Useful items

Blondy51

Hi,  as cruising newbie, have been watching you tube videos to get organised.  One video recommends magnetic hooks which stick to the wall.  Will that work on the QV ? Thanks 🙏 

I have read of people doing this, but isn’t it very disturbing? If the ship moves even slightly, surely whatever is on the hook must sway in a very irritating way.

I'd expected wall hooks on QM2 for outfits you are preparing for that evening, or something just back from laundry that needs aired a bit more. I had to be creative with a wire hanger to make something suitable. We've since bought some magnets. As rakkor suggests they are more secure fixed to a ceiling assuming you can reach that high. They will slide down a smooth metal wall if too heavy a weight is hung from them.

We got ours from Amazon, who have lots of them. Look for a specification with as high a weight limit as possible

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Just back from QM2 World Cruise - can’t possibly have enough magnets for maps, itinerary, customs doc, birthday cards, tour tkts and information, flags on the stateroom door etc etc etc!IMG_8344.thumb.png.e764355af80aaba93adfdb3331fa4378.png

Note to self..order some more from Amazon for the next voyage!

Edited by martinmct
Duplicate entry
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1