Alaskan Seafood Boil

Going on the Noordam next month and noticed a new item under the pay-for-dining options.  Alaskan Seafood Boil.  It is available one night in the Lido Market.

Now I am not a seafood person but my wife is.   I am wondering if I booked it for her, if I could also sit with her but just get my food from the normal Lido Market?  The description makes me think they will set up a special area for those who pay for the Seafood Boil and therefore, I feel I would not be able to eat with her.

Has anyone done this and what was their experience?

It was a separate area on Koningsdam lido.  It had a maitre d to seat people and separate waitstaff.  Everyone I saw was eating the hookup  but not sure why you would have to as there are lots of seats. (Maybe claim allergy 😉.)

It was a lot of food but DH and I each managed to finish our own.  It was mostly good.  Salmon and shellfish were nicely cooked.  Nice fingerling potaoes. The corn was field corn but I never expect good sweet corn this time of year. The Dungeness crab was a bit disappointing. I suspect it was frozen as it is not in season.  We are from Washington state and usually only eat it when in season in the winter. Served with a pleasant but incredibly messy sauce.  Dessert was great.