Dear Steve Dasseos, I have a question

My question is sooooo very specific, I am hoping you might know the answer. 

I MUST purchase celebrity (aon) insurance (must have cfar, put deposit jan 2023, cruise nov 2024, Not medicare age yet, so 25k medical should be enough)

I would normally wait until til the day before final payment to add the insurance. But as we age and I read about preexisting conditions (we have none NOW) and the look back time-frame is 60 days. I am considering adding insurance Now; 4 months before final payment just in case some medial thing arises.

My question is this.... usually travel insurance is nonrefundable (hence the usual, buy the day before final payment) if I add celebrity's travel insurance and decide to cancel the cruise before final payment.....would the insurance be deducted from my deposit refund???

I know others will say.... ask celebrity or aon BUT they have reason to tell me what I want to hear

Thank you for your time.

Haven't sailed with Celebrity, but with HAL, the "insurance" is carried by a third-party and any money down (must pay before penalties begin to be levied and the cost is paid outright on the spot) is gone to them.

9 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Haven't sailed with Celebrity, but with HAL, the "insurance" is carried by a third-party and any money down (must pay before penalties begin to be levied and the cost is paid outright on the spot) is gone to them.

Ty for your reply. I was thinking that would be the case, unfortunately lol

On 5/7/2024 at 5:44 PM, newcruzer2 said:

My question is sooooo very specific, I am hoping you might know the answer. 

I MUST purchase celebrity (aon) insurance (must have cfar, put deposit jan 2023, cruise nov 2024, Not medicare age yet, so 25k medical should be enough)

I would normally wait until til the day before final payment to add the insurance. But as we age and I read about preexisting conditions (we have none NOW) and the look back time-frame is 60 days. I am considering adding insurance Now; 4 months before final payment just in case some medial thing arises.

My question is this.... usually travel insurance is nonrefundable (hence the usual, buy the day before final payment) if I add celebrity's travel insurance and decide to cancel the cruise before final payment.....would the insurance be deducted from my deposit refund???

I know others will say.... ask celebrity or aon BUT they have reason to tell me what I want to hear

Thank you for your time.

Hi newcruzer2,

> I MUST purchase celebrity (aon) insurance (must have cfar, put deposit jan 2023, cruise nov 2024, Not medicare age yet, so 25k medical should be enough).

Is there some reason you want the CFAR?

Steve Dasseos

My father in law is 91 and although he might pass away, it would be more likely he might become seriously ill. And we would not want to go, other members of the family would start a unstoppable feud, if we appeared to be living it up on his death bed.

When we booked it didn't seem like almost 2 years later this would be an issue (if you know what I mean).

Since my original post, I have really dug Into things.

And although I feel like we have no preexisting conditions. We are late 50's. Meaning I have gerd and take a rx ..... my point is

Although  I think we have no preexisting conditions,  what would an insurance claim dept say, lol.

So I believe I have settled on this, (unless you advise different).

Our cruise was priced oddly meaning my fare was 3 times higher than DH (dh only 700ish)

Going to go with geoblue for both of us and celebrity ins. JUST for me 

So we're covered completely on medical and evac thru geoblue and most of our cruise fare covered thru my celebrity insurance. We will simply eat the remaining cruise fare and land portion.

Ty for any advice