Steamers

I know you can’t bring steamers onboard but I have a crazy question.  We are continuing our vacation for 3 weeks after our cruise and wondering if we turn in our steamer when boarding will we be able to get it back at the end of the cruise?  We will be disembarking in Singapore if that makes a difference.

1 minute ago, wpas1 said:

I know you can’t bring steamers onboard but I have a crazy question.  We are continuing our vacation for 3 weeks after our cruise and wondering if we turn in our steamer when boarding will we be able to get it back at the end of the cruise?  We will be disembarking in Singapore if that makes a difference.

Yes. All items confiscated or turned in will be ready for you to pick up after leaving the ship. Usually a table in the terminal is set up for this. 

14 hours ago, wanderlust58 said:

Is your steamer 230 V and 50 Hz?

I am assuming 110V, does it make a difference?

35 minutes ago, wpas1 said:

I am assuming 110V, does it make a difference?

Are you staying in Singapore? Singapore is 230 V and uses a UK style plug. Most of the rest of the Pacific in that area (maybe all) is 230 V, and they vary in plug type. 

You can't use a US 110V steamer in most of the rest of the world.

1 hour ago, markeb said:

Are you staying in Singapore? Singapore is 230 V and uses a UK style plug. Most of the rest of the Pacific in that area (maybe all) is 230 V, and they vary in plug type. 

You can't use a US 110V steamer in most of the rest of the world.

I carry an adapter everywhere.

1 minute ago, wpas1 said:

I carry an adapter everywhere.

So multi-voltage steamer, not 110V? The adapter doesn't change the voltage and most portable converters don't support the wattage of a steamer. If you've done this before around the world, you probably have the right pieces of equipment. Otherwise you're going to carry a beautiful fire hazard that will fry the first time you plug it in...

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, markeb said:

So multi-voltage steamer, not 110V? The adapter doesn't change the voltage and most portable converters don't support the wattage of a steamer. If you've done this before around the world, you probably have the right pieces of equipment. Otherwise you're going to carry a beautiful fire hazard that will fry the first time you plug it in...

It’s technically a converter.   Thanks for your concern, I have used it in Europe and Asia with no issues.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wpas1 said:

It’s technically a converter.   Thanks for your concern, I have used it in Europe and Asia with no issues.

Adapter is not the same as a voltage converter

good luck