Taking water off the ship in Bermuda

I'm sailing to Bermuda on the Gem in June and am planning some full days off the ship. Are we allowed to take water off the ship in open containers? I'm hoping to be able to take water bladder backpacks and some refillable Nalgene bottles with us since we'll be doing a lot of hiking.

2 minutes ago, disneynan said:

I'm sailing to Bermuda on the Gem in June and am planning some full days off the ship. Are we allowed to take water off the ship in open containers? I'm hoping to be able to take water bladder backpacks and some refillable Nalgene bottles with us since we'll be doing a lot of hiking.

Been there a number of times and never had issues taking off water. Took off a 32 ounce bottle in my back pack. When in June are you goin? My wife and I are on the June 28th sailing

4 minutes ago, disneynan said:

You should have no problem taking water off.  Just be sure to empty water before trying to reboard the ship.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Been there a number of times and never had issues taking off water. Took off a 32 ounce bottle in my back pack. When in June are you goin? My wife and I are on the June 28th sailing

Thanks Laszio! I am on the June 14th sailing. We will be an extended family group of 15 ranging in age from 10-84, so excited!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, disneynan said:

Thanks Laszio! I am on the June 14th sailing. We will be an extended family group of 15 ranging in age from 10-84, so excited!

Bermuda is great and very easy. No need for to use the ship excursions for going to the beach and some other things. We love the Gem, probably our favorite ship

Edited by Laszlo

31 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Bermuda is great and very easy. No need for to use the ship excursions for going to the beach and some other things. We love the Gem, probably our favorite ship

That's great to hear. I was on the Pearl last fall which looks like a sister ship and thought it was wonderful. 

We plan to visit the St George's/Tobacco Bay area one day. Do the walk from Horseshoe to the other southern beaches another day and then just stick with Dockyard on our last day. 

Any "can't miss" recommendations?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, disneynan said:

That's great to hear. I was on the Pearl last fall which looks like a sister ship and thought it was wonderful. 

We plan to visit the St George's/Tobacco Bay area one day. Do the walk from Horseshoe to the other southern beaches another day and then just stick with Dockyard on our last day. 

Any "can't miss" recommendations?

The Gem and Pearl go hand and hand. Both Tobacco and Horseshoe are nice. The caves are cool, Gibbs lighthouse. We tend to skip those since we have been there before. For anyone going for the first time I highly recommend doing a 5 hour private island tour the first day, you really get to see a lot. Our plan this time around in Tobacco Bay the first day, HSB the second and they renting a boat for 6 hours from H20 Sports.... https://www.h2osportsbermuda.com

We have rented from them in the past. Its a great way to get off the beaten path. The are a 7 minute cab ride from the dockyard

Edited by Laszlo

31 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

The Gem and Pearl go hand and hand. Both Tobacco and Horseshoe are nice. The caves are cool, Gibbs lighthouse. We tend to skip those since we have been there before. For anyone going for the first time I highly recommend doing a 5 hour private island tour the first day, you really get to see a lot. Our plan this time around in Tobacco Bay the first day, HSB the second and they renting a boat for 6 hours from H20 Sports.... https://www.h2osportsbermuda.com

We have rented from them in the past. Its a great way to get off the beaten path. The are a 7 minute cab ride from the dockyard

This is a bit of a budget trip for us so we are only going to use public transportation or the NCL ferry. Our first 2 days mirror yours....we are bringing snorkel gear with us as we are an hour's drive from Boston so can pack whatever we want 😉

Hope you have a wonderful trip and thanks for the advice. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, disneynan said:

This is a bit of a budget trip for us so we are only going to use public transportation or the NCL ferry. Our first 2 days mirror yours....we are bringing snorkel gear with us as we are an hour's drive from Boston so can pack whatever we want 😉

Hope you have a wonderful trip and thanks for the advice. 

We bring our own gear also and drive to Boston from PA

Have a great time!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

Just be sure to empty water before trying to reboard the ship.

I just sailed the Spirit.  Jacked a few unopened bottles of water from the Skagway train when it returned and easily carried them right back on the ship in plain sight.  I even waved them in front of the dude and he said just carry it through the metal detector.  Nobody cared.

• Like 1