Princess Premier booking dining

Hi,

I added on the princess premier package... mainly because I need to do some work while on board - its work a little or don't get to go.. So, I'll happily work a little.  

Anyways, with it comes 2 specialty dining.  How do I book that? When I try to book dining reservation using the app, it tries to bill the CC that I have on file.  Will it automatically take back off the charge? Or is there a special way to book using my package?

Thanks.

Posted (edited)

Welcome to CC and the Princess forum.

It has, for some, shown a charge and then comes back as 0, or it doesn’t charge the card.

However, the IT dept is changing the dining on the App and will be finished on June 17th.  Now, this is supposed to be for the MDR and not SD Specialty dining.  Also, if you’re referring to a July booking, it should not affect you.  Because of updates, it could affect your booking it right now.

So, if it does charge you on the credit card, once OB the GS can credit it as refundable OBC.  Or, you could just call the dine line on your cabin phone and book the SD reservations that you want.  That’s what we do.

It does take a few days from when you add the package to reflect on the App. Try again.  Or, use the website version of the App, cruise personalizer, dining.

Edited by PacnGoNow

Somewhere in the reservation process on the app, I clicked a button about premiere included. I didn’t charge my credit card at all when I made the reservation.

Please explain what working during a cruise has to do with the premier package over the plus package ?  The only reason I see for premier is the higher priced wines. Both have WiFi and tips included. The 2 specialty dinners are nice but not sure they are worth $20 per person per day

• Haha 1

When I booked my specialty dinners with Premier, it showed the cost then the adjustment and -0- due before completing the transaction.

18 minutes ago, memoak said:

Please explain what working during a cruise has to do with the premier package over the plus package ?  

it allows for more devices to have WiFi at the same time. so phone, laptop and tablet

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, FishTastic said:

I understand that but you can pay to upgrade from 1device to 4 my wife does it all the time on our plus package. We do longer cruises of 14-21 days so to pay an extra $20 per person per day would add quite a bit to our fare and we are fine with the drinks under the plus package

35 minutes ago, memoak said:

I understand that but you can pay to upgrade from 1device to 4 my wife does it all the time on our plus package. We do longer cruises of 14-21 days so to pay an extra $20 per person per day would add quite a bit to our fare and we are fine with the drinks under the plus package

I had no idea you could just upgrade the wifi separately. Good to know. First time cruising with Princess.  Guess I need to do more research

4 hours ago, memoak said:

What does it cost a person with no Princess status to upgrade from 1 to 4?

4 hours ago, FishTastic said:

I had no idea you could just upgrade the wifi separately. Good to know. First time cruising with Princess.  Guess I need to do more research

Aw, just have a few more adult beverages while you work.  Most of us can't do that at our regular jobs.  This is a unique opportunity.

Plus program gets you up to 15 cocktails a day. If you are like us and drink Grey Goose vodka martinis and Woodford Bourbon Manhattans. Then plus gives you the alcohol you need

55 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

What does it cost a person with no Princess status to upgrade from 1 to 4?

It used to be $10 per day and both people in cabin do not have to upgrade the WiFi 

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

Plus program gets you up to 15 cocktails a day. If you are like us and drink Grey Goose vodka martinis and Woodford Bourbon Manhattans. Then plus gives you the alcohol you need

It used to be $10 per day and both people in cabin do not have to upgrade the WiFi 

I was curious because the website says $24.99/day.  For someone crunching the numbers, and looking at a $20/pp/day difference, there’s a big difference between having to find $30/day of value in having two people on Premium and having to find $15/day. 

2 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

I was curious because the website says $24.99/day.  For someone crunching the numbers, and looking at a $20/pp/day difference, there’s a big difference between having to find $30/day of value in having two people on Premium and having to find $15/day. 

Are you looking at WiFi by itself or as part of the plus package ?  Also do not confuse the Princess value for actual charges. The length of cruise makes a difference. We cruise for up to  3 weeks at a time and premier vrs plus is $40 per day if we take premier. 

14 minutes ago, memoak said:

Are you looking at WiFi by itself or as part of the plus package ?  Also do not confuse the Princess value for actual charges. The length of cruise makes a difference. We cruise for up to  3 weeks at a time and premier vrs plus is $40 per day if we take premier. 

I was speaking more generally, in assistance of the OP, not about me personally. But if the $24.99/day is accurate, that’s a hard number to start from when deciding whether to go back to Plus+upgraded Internet or to keep Premier.

13 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

I was speaking more generally, in assistance of the OP, not about me personally. But if the $24.99/day is accurate, that’s a hard number to start from when deciding whether to go back to Plus+upgraded Internet or to keep Premier.

Can you show me screen sit if this. I know we don’t pay that much for one person to upgrade just the WiFi when we both have plus osckages

I had this happen to me this year. I had to call Princess 3 times. Finally got the right person to make the change in their back end. A week later I was able to reserve specialty dining without it charging me. Good luck!