How many teens will likely be on Island Princess 6/24/25?

On 5/12/2024 at 3:12 PM, Usuallyrightagain said:

We've never cruised with Princess before. We have 4 teens who only want to come on vacation if there will be other teens on board. Lol. I know typically PC aren't so popular as RC or Carnival for families, but what do you think the chances are that other teens will be present on a late June sailing to Canada, please? ( Just guesses, obviously)

RT cruises to Canada during the summer, basically the east coast equivalent of an Alaska cruise.  Yes, yes, plenty of differences, but about the closest metaphor.  The old adage in cruising is "if its cold, they're old".  I don't think that is quite as true as it used to be, but it remains that way sometimes.  That said, during the summer there are always multi-generational families on cruises.  Princess also maintains kids clubs.  The location of the teen club on the Island Princess isn't in a great location on ship compared to other ships, it is on Lido deck and close to the pools, and it is still a fair amount of space, but it is an inside space on the ship, no windows.  There will be lots of different scheduled activities along with open hours.  Typically they do one or maybe two teen group dinners, and their open hours and activities are also designed to give parents a break so they can do other things on the ship.  I suspect that your kids will have a good time no matter what.  Also note that the ship has one enclosed pool and one open pool, so there will be all weather water entertainment.

My experience with Alaska cruises, as a basis of comparison, is that there are plenty of kids on board and lots of activity going on, so I wouldn't be too concerned about your teens enjoying themselves.

We did the Canada itinerary from New York that included Greenland in 2022 and I seem to remember a fair number of kids. That itinerary was longer, 16 days, and went right up to August 30. If we had teens there, I feel pretty sure you’ll see teens on the Island.

12 hours ago, jeromep said:

RT cruises to Canada during the summer, basically the east coast equivalent of an Alaska cruise.  Yes, yes, plenty of differences, but about the closest metaphor.  The old adage in cruising is "if its cold, they're old".  I don't think that is quite as true as it used to be, but it remains that way sometimes.  That said, during the summer there are always multi-generational families on cruises.  Princess also maintains kids clubs.  The location of the teen club on the Island Princess isn't in a great location on ship compared to other ships, it is on Lido deck and close to the pools, and it is still a fair amount of space, but it is an inside space on the ship, no windows.  There will be lots of different scheduled activities along with open hours.  Typically they do one or maybe two teen group dinners, and their open hours and activities are also designed to give parents a break so they can do other things on the ship.  I suspect that your kids will have a good time no matter what.  Also note that the ship has one enclosed pool and one open pool, so there will be all weather water entertainment.

My experience with Alaska cruises, as a basis of comparison, is that there are plenty of kids on board and lots of activity going on, so I wouldn't be too concerned about your teens enjoying themselves.

Another stage for Alaskan cruises is that the passengers are “the newly wed and the nearly dead”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Another stage for Alaskan cruises is that the passengers are “the newly wed and the nearly dead”

It could be worse.  I would be horrified to find myself cruising with the nearly wed and newly dead.

• Haha 1