Assigned an accessible cabin, when I dont need it. Repeat of the original post.

I promised to give an update on this issue.

I booked a French balcony, on the vista TA for May 2025. I did so on November 2, 2022.

I did so with an O rep. When I checked later in the day, the cabin location, I noticed it was an accessible cabin.

I contacted him right away, by then the French balconies were gone. 

He suggested that we get onto a wait list, surely in all that time a regular cabin would become available.

Well it is 17 months later and we are still # 2 on the wait list. Now the ship is sold out, only wait list available.

I have had all kinds of people reach out to me, letting me know they need an accessible cabin, their wheel chairs will not fit through the regular door.

O will not talk to me, since we have turned this over to an agent 16 months ago. The agent has checked periodically and confirmed we are still #2. Because we booked two legs for this Transatlantic, a cabin may come up for one leg but not the other. We would take a regular balcony, but prices are 1500 pp more and none available for second leg.

I feel awful occupying a cabin that I dont need, depriving someone who does. O has put us in this situation.

I cant understand why a cabin like that is easily given away, without any checking that the client needs it.

Others that are bored by this topic, please ignore it, rather that finding reasons to criticize the poster. I am posting this as an update to those who asked that I do so. 

Some have said, there may be some  movement before final pay. 

• Thanks 1

Hopefully once Final Paymemt gets there will be some movement, but with the rather limited supply in the FB category….who knows.  🤞🏻. And I agree, not sure why they wouldn’t have at least asked on need for accessibility room or not. 

• Like 2

Does anyone have a photo of the bathroom in an assessable oceanview cabin on Vista, Marina or Riviera? OR a description of the assessable bathroom would be good.   Years ago on another cruise line when we embarked our cruise we were upgraded to an assessable cabin, the shower relied on a slightly sloped floor level. It was not very effective and the water went everywhere.   The cabin staff each day built us a moat of towels to try to contain the water.   

My disabled friend wants to be sure Oceania assessable cabins are set up better.  Thx in advance.  

I was looking for similar views or videos of Vista.  I don't know if I can post the video (its done by a travel agent), but just try searching "accessible cabin on vista" in YouTube

On our last cruise on Vista we were in an accessible cabin.  We didn't need it but when we booked on board we were told it was the last cabin available for a French balcony.

It was a spacious cabin, more room than we were used to and a very nice cabin.  We were told the cabin is the size of a PH cabin.  The bathroom was fine with a huge shower big enough for a wheelchair and bars around the toilet.  There was so step to get into the bathroom.  We had no problem with water issues.  My biggest problem was there was not any storage space in the bathroom but we made do and that wasn't a huge problem.  

I would consider it a very nice cabin and we enjoyed it although we didn't need it.  I hope someone who did need it didn't get it.

We booked a French balcony on Vista when we were on the Serena in April. It was the last cabin available and it was an accessible cabin. When I asked, the O rep told us that it was perfectly acceptable, even though we didn't need it. O would not bump us out of it if someone else needed it. I feel a bit guilty, but really wanted the French balcony. 

We were booked in an accessible cabin for our TA next April. We've been booked for a long time but it's been bothering me that we may be taking the accessible cabin from someone who really needs it. About a month ago, I emailed our O rep and told him we'd be happy to swap if someone had a need for the cabin. Within a few days, he upgraded us to the next level cabin. Win/win!

• Like 2

I will email the O rep that made this mistake, again. Last time I did that, the reply was that since it is now with a TA, he can no longer help.

One piece of good advice I got from someone who does need it on this sailing, is to tell everyone on the sailing to get onto a wait list. Maybe that will help move it along. Although with the sailing being waitlisted, I don't see how that can happen.

I will also post it on roll call.