New Caledonia locked down.

17 minutes ago, cruiselover53 said:

Not too sure what there is to complain about the tower diving lol ? I thought it was fascinating. Totally agree about the jetties. Some of them are shall I say ....well used

O agree. Some passengers overlooked the fact it was a rite of passage, and saw it as a cruel show just put on for tourists.

I know I'm going to drive myself crazy speculating, but I wonder if a side trip to Fiji is doable on our December cruise? Since we are sure to be missing two ports in NC, that's two days up the cruise line's sleeve. However I have no idea what the sailing time from Mystery would be. Looking at the itinerary map on P&O's cruise control, it looks a fair sort of a hop and there is no scale so I don't know the distance and then it would depend on the ship's cruising speed etc. etc. along with a lot of other factors to which I am not au fait. I suppose it gives me something to do whilst I twiddle my thumbs waiting for P&O to make an announcement.🙄

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

I know I'm going to drive myself crazy speculating, but I wonder if a side trip to Fiji is doable on our December cruise? Since we are sure to be missing two ports in NC, that's two days up the cruise line's sleeve. However I have no idea what the sailing time from Mystery would be. Looking at the itinerary map on P&O's cruise control, it looks a fair sort of a hop and there is no scale so I don't know the distance and then it would depend on the ship's cruising speed etc. etc. along with a lot of other factors to which I am not au fait. I suppose it gives me something to do whilst I twiddle my thumbs waiting for P&O to make an announcement.🙄

No.

Your two lost ports are the closest ones to Australia, and they have showed no inclination to substitute New Caledonian ports with Fiji - so far at least. Perhaps a day at Moreton Island along the way, but I see an extra sea day and "scenic cruising" of the Havannah Boulari passage (aka 2 x sea days).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, arxcards said:

No.

Your two lost ports are the closest ones to Australia, and they have showed no inclination to substitute New Caledonian ports with Fiji - so far at least. Perhaps a day at Moreton Island along the way, but I see an extra sea day and "scenic cruising" of the Havannah Boulari passage (aka 2 x sea days).

I think you're on the money with the two extra sea days, Geoff. Frankly, that's what I have been expecting all along. If that is what eventuates, I'll take an extra couple of books and relax on the balcony whilst cracking the whip over Darren to make sure he gets on with designing the set for my next theatre show. I'm a 'glass half full' kind of gal.🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1