P&O Loyalty carry over to Princess - inconsistent?

Just wondering about the situation with P&O loyalty transfering to Princess. We are a party of three and we have loyalty with P&O dating back before 2017.

None of us have sailed with Princess before. We have now booked our first Princess cruise. My loyalty has shown up on my new Princess account based on my P&O history going back only to 2017 as expected.

However the other two passengers it has not. When we have asked Princess they say that the loyalty scheme does not apply for new customers and "could not explain" why I was given the loyalty and not the other passengers.

So far it seems I am able to keep the loyalty but the other guests cannot have theirs.

Has anyone booked a Princess cruise and seen their loyalty carry over? I am reading lots of mixed messages and Princess don't seem to know themselves. Thought I would ask this on P&O board for the P&O perspective!

25 minutes ago, DS_Dean said:

Has anyone booked a Princess cruise and seen their loyalty carry over? I am reading lots of mixed messages and Princess don't seem to know themselves. Thought I would ask this on P&O board for the P&O perspective!

We are elite with with Princess, mainly because of our cruise history with P&O.

• Like 1

I thought that new Princess cruisers did not get their loyalty carried over which is what has happened to the other 2 members of your party.

I seem to recall that when the rules changed there were a lot of disgruntled P&O passengers.  We accrued a lot of our loyalty with P&O before the change over but none of our recent P&O cruises appear on our Princess loyalty but as we were elite with Princess before the change over it hasn't affected us.

Posted (edited)

I have just checked both of our Princess loyalty levels and the last P&O cruise on it is Aurora in October 2018.

We have been on Ventura once since then and that is not shown.

Edited by Josy1953

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just checked both of our Princess loyalty levels and the last P&O cruise on it is Aurora in October 2018.

I did the same and was surprised that our 2019 Ventura cruise gave us a credit as I thought the shared scheme ended in 2017.

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

I did the same and was surprised that our 2019 Ventura cruise gave us a credit as I thought the shared scheme ended in 2017.

Usual Carnival good inconsistent IT ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are doing our first Princess cruise later this and have gone straight into Elite courtesy of our previous P&O travels. We are really looking forward to it.

5 hours ago, DS_Dean said:

Has anyone booked a Princess cruise and seen their loyalty carry over? I am reading lots of mixed messages and Princess don't seem to know themselves.

We went on our first Princess cruise last year - my wife became Elite straight away and I had no loyalty with Princess even though we both had the same level with P&O.

This happens all the time - just means that the one with the higher loyalty has to pay for any shop purchases to get the discount.

We haven't had our loyalty level carried over to Princess unfortunately.

It's disappointing because we got the MSC loyalty match, and somehow they combined our P&O and NCL points and we went in at Gold and clawed our way in to Diamond after our first cruise with them.

We are going on a Princess cruise this weekend.  I have cruised with them once before and done a few more cruises with P&O than my husband and yet he has gone straight to Elite and I am gold!!

As David says I will let OH pay for everything!

Michele

It is strange. I am a brand new customer and have had the loyalty transferred but not my other travellers.

Judging by responses on this thread and Princess customer service who "could not explain" I guess indeed it is effectively "random" on a person by person basis if you get it and if so which years qualify.

Behind the scenes I imagine it is some IT issue or to do with the way systems work out if you are a linked customer between brands. Just guess work there!

16 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

That’s what we were told Phil. We took our first P&O cruise in 2018 and so we get no credit with Princess. Still lowly Ruby status. 

• Like 1

To my surprise my voyages history held by Princess goes further back than my voyages history on P&O. We hadn’t sailed with Princess until very recently.  Can recommend the laundry service 👍

On 5/16/2024 at 10:47 AM, sandancer said:

That’s what we were told Phil. We took our first P&O cruise in 2018 and so we get no credit with Princess. Still lowly Ruby status. 

I is Elite. 🙂

On 5/16/2024 at 9:47 AM, sandancer said:

Just checked our Princess cruise history and P&O cruises stopped in 2018. However even before that it was patchy, we had done two 28 night roundtrip caribbean cruises and one 35 nighter up to 2018, and only one 28 nighter is credited by Princess. Fortunately we are Elite so the missing ones don't matter.

8 hours ago, Ranchi said:

.  Can recommend the laundry service 👍

I agree with that.  B-I-L once said that the laundry was why we go with Princess so much and accused me of taking one case full of dirty clothes to avoid wasting electricity washing, drying and ironing at home. 

I always forget to remove the tags when I get the laundry back until I come to wear the items.  We came home on 8th April from Sky Princess and this week I have had to remove tags from a pair of trousers and a dress.😀

• Like 1

I take my first Princess cruise next month and I was given Platinum membership immediately but nothing for my wife who shares my P&O record!

A quick email to Princess resulted in complimentary Platinum membership for her.

Princess appears unique in that they answered my email immediately as well as all other phone calls made to them. It's hard to believe they belong to the same group as P&O.

Posted (edited)

The information as I recall that Princess decided to discontinue the loosely reciprocal arrangement with P&O on 17 December 2017?.  What they said was that after that date P&O cruises will no longer be included in the cruise history which related to Princess loyalty status. Prior to that date P&O cruises would be taken into consideration where a passenger had sailed on P&O but only if the passenger had completed an actual Princess cruise prior to the cut off date. The term actual Princess cruise is not an easy one to understand because P&O purchased Princess Cruise line in 1974 and then traded as P&O Princess Cruises. So if you cruised during that period 1974 to 2003 they may tally you in on not only that cruise but all P&O cruises until 2017. P&O purchase included other lines and other anomalies exist if you ever cruised Ocean Village or Sitmar.  If you phone Carnival House Captains Circle or email them these anomalies may be relevant and tally you in for all the other P&O cruises which otherwise would not qualify.  I have no idea why post 2017 cruises would be tallied in

.Regards John

Edited by john watson

On 5/15/2024 at 4:26 PM, DS_Dean said:

Just wondering about the situation with P&O loyalty transfering to Princess. We are a party of three and we have loyalty with P&O dating back before 2017.

None of us have sailed with Princess before. We have now booked our first Princess cruise. My loyalty has shown up on my new Princess account based on my P&O history going back only to 2017 as expected.

I think the relevant questions are have you sailed with P&O between 1974 and 2003?  The second question is have you sailed Ocean Village or Sitmar at any time

Regards John

@john watson I agree with what you say but the fact of the matter is, and I have this confirmed by Princess, that nobody knows why some get their loyalty transferred and others don't.

For our first Princess cruise last year my wife's cruising history was taken over and she became Elite, my history was not - and we have both have the same cruising history.

Posted (edited)

At the time Princess were reorganising their Captains Circle loyalty scheme because they were going to run a much longer ex-UK cruise season. At the time legislation was going through relating to data and how companies could contact people, .phone, sms text email post etc. The email they sent asked for you to consent or decline contact by each method but also in relation to the Captains loyalty scheme you needed to agree that you wanted to continue to be a member. I think these emails only went to current at the time cruisers and in many cases I believe only one respondent replied from couples. I replied and made sure my daughter did too. Cruisers who had cruised during 1974 - 2003 were probably not all contacted. 

I think this is where you have slipped through the net because most couples probably only have one of them doing bookings etc. and might not have completed the confirmation of staying in the scheme for each person. This happened with my daughter when she changed her name and I needed to contact Princess at Carnival House and make sure her P&O loyalty number was recorded against a Princess loyalty account and in her case only from 2005.  This is what I think you need to do contact Princess speak to Captains Circle and let them know your P&O loyalty number, your wife's P&O loyalty number and get the two accounts to reflect the same cruise history.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

8 hours ago, john watson said:

This is what I think you need to do contact Princess speak to Captains Circle and let them know your P&O loyalty number, your wife's P&O loyalty number and get the two accounts to reflect the same cruise history.

Already done that and the response was

"... Furthermore, upon checking his records, I can see that he have not sailed with Princess Cruises before, as such, any guests who haven't sailed with us previously, who have made a Princess booking on or after 12 December 2017, will join our ships as blue members and I regret that we will not recognise any previous cruises with P&O Cruises UK.

Unfortunately, due to system issues it appears that sometimes guests P&O history does pull through in error, despite their first Princess Cruise being booked after our cut-off date of the 12th of December 2017."

We had never sailed Princess when we took a staycation.  My husband had taken five P&O cruises at that point, the first being on Azura's fourth cruise.  This strange symbol came up on his booking and on enquiry our travel agent was informed it was his Elite membership.  We kept quiet but I have the distinct feeling they mixed him up with our uncle who was very much an Elite.  Myself I'm a lowly Ruby.

10 hours ago, john watson said:

At the time Princess were reorganising their Captains Circle loyalty scheme because they were going to run a much longer ex-UK cruise season. At the time legislation was going through relating to data and how companies could contact people, .phone, sms text email post etc. The email they sent asked for you to consent or decline contact by each method but also in relation to the Captains loyalty scheme you needed to agree that you wanted to continue to be a member. I think these emails only went to current at the time cruisers and in many cases I believe only one respondent replied from couples. I replied and made sure my daughter did too. Cruisers who had cruised during 1974 - 2003 were probably not all contacted. 

I think this is where you have slipped through the net because most couples probably only have one of them doing bookings etc. and might not have completed the confirmation of staying in the scheme for each person. This happened with my daughter when she changed her name and I needed to contact Princess at Carnival House and make sure her P&O loyalty number was recorded against a Princess loyalty account and in her case only from 2005.  This is what I think you need to do contact Princess speak to Captains Circle and let them know your P&O loyalty number, your wife's P&O loyalty number and get the two accounts to reflect the same cruise history.

Regards John

I think this was the case for us.

I have just created an account for Mrs YP and she has no history and no status with Princess on that account. Ironically on our booking data for our September cruise she is listed as "elite" in the circle status box. I am elite even though that status was only achieved after a 2019 P&O cruise. As the errors work for us then I will leave it at that.