What time do dining reservations open at 45 days out?

KKB

Midnight EST supposedly but sometimes anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes earlier than that.  When the app crashes, your TA can make your reservations for you or you can call VV the next morning and they can do it.  Note that I said "when" and not "if."  4 VV cruises, and the app has crashed every time while booking dining.  I usually get 2 or 3 nights booked, then it dies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I've seen mention of the app crashing while trying to book restaurants, and @cantgetin mentions usually only being able to book 2 or 3 before it crashes.

I'm wondering if both guests in the cabin try to book restaurants when they open, could they do that and hope to get 4-6 booked before it crashes, or is there something preventing you from doing that?  I'm thinking of having a proposed list of restaurants for each night with me starting from day 1 and progressing through, and my guest starting to book for the last night and move earlier a day at a time.

2 minutes ago, doconner said:

I've seen mention of the app crashing while trying to book restaurants, and @cantgetin mentions usually only being able to book 2 or 3 before it crashes.

I'm wondering if both guests in the cabin try to book restaurants when they open, could they do that and hope to get 4-6 booked before it crashes, or is there something preventing you from doing that?  I'm thinking of having a proposed list of restaurants for each night with me starting from day 1 and progressing through, and my guest starting to book for the last night and move earlier a day at a time.

You can try anything...we've tried one of us working embarkation to the end and other working end backwards.  Most we've ever gotten before PM to TA has been 4 nights.  I hate to bother her, but she say that is what se is paid for.

11 minutes ago, doconner said:

Yes me and my husband did that recently at exactly 5am UK time, 45 days out.

We managed to book different restaurants every night for our 7 day cruise (The Wake twice) and 2 brunches.

We just booked times that were available so our dinners range from 6.30pm to 8.30pm, which is fine for us.

On 7/15/2024 at 8:46 AM, doconner said:

I'm wondering if both guests in the cabin try to book restaurants when they open, could they do that and hope to get 4-6 booked before it crashes, or is there something preventing you from doing that?

You can totally do that. Or if you work with a TA, just send the list to them, they can get into the booking engine and book all of your dinners in about 5 or 10 minutes. 🙂 

• Like 2

I really hate to bother my TA about stuff I should be able to do....so at her request, I send the list to her in advance.  I try to do it on my own, and when the app crashes, and in my experience it always does, I shoot her a PM and she takes it from there.  Her portal works a lot better than the app!