Need Your Opinions on Ships

danny8826

Last year, we did a Christmas cruise on the MSC World Europa and we LOVE it.  We are looking at doing another Christmas cruise with MSC to the Caribbean.  We look at itineraries and have a hard time of deciding which ships to cruise iwth.

Among the 3 ships, Seascape, Seaside, and Divina, which one would you recommend?

We are more active so we like a ship with lots of entertainment and parties.  

Thank you for your help in advance

Divina appears to be doing either 4 night or 14 night cruises over the Holidays.

Seaside and Seascape are doing 7 days eastern or western.  Depends on what you prefer.  
I was on Seashore December 7-17 last year and they progressively decorated as the cruise went on.  That early there were not any Holiday themed activities.  EM

Of your choices....

Seascape first

Seaside second

Divina third

Seascape/Seashore is an EVOlved version of Seaside/Seaview. There are many similarities but Seascape has a few improvements over the slightly smaller Seaside. 

I'm guessing that you will be sailing from Miami but Seashore will be sailing from Port Canaveral (which is near Orlando) for Christmas. We did Seashore over Christmas and it was one of our best cruises, so far. The weather could have been warmer but that's to be expected when sailing during winter as opposed to summer.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Divina appears to be doing either 4 night or 14 night cruises over the Holidays.

Seaside and Seascape are doing 7 days eastern or western.  Depends on what you prefer.  
I was on Seashore December 7-17 last year and they progressively decorated as the cruise went on.  That early there were not any Holiday themed activities.  EM

Thank you.  You are correct.  The Divina is a 10 nights (back to back).  The Seascape and Seaside is also back to back with Eastern and Western itineraries.  We just can't decide.  We haven't been to Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic.  We might end up just doing a 7 days for Christmas only. 

5 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Of your choices....

Seascape first

Seaside second

Divina third

Seascape/Seashore is an EVOlved version of Seaside/Seaview. There are many similarities but Seascape has a few improvements over the slightly smaller Seaside. 

I'm guessing that you will be sailing from Miami but Seashore will be sailing from Port Canaveral (which is near Orlando) for Christmas. We did Seashore over Christmas and it was one of our best cruises, so far. The weather could have been warmer but that's to be expected when sailing during winter as opposed to summer.  

We are considering the Dec 21st sailing on the Seascape.  When watching YouTube videos and reading online, I get a bit of a mix reviews on the Seascape.  Our first cruise was on the Meriviglia when it first launch in Europe and that takes a bit of a get use to because it  is so different.  We did give MSC another try and we glad we did because the World Europa was AMAZING from food to service.  We can see how much they improve.  That's why we are considering a warmer place for the holidays this year.  We are a big fan of Royal Caribbean but we also see it's going down.  We just came back from the Oasis of the Seas on a Transatlantic crossing and food wise, it was up there like it was before.  We begin to gear toward MSC more.  

2 minutes ago, danny8826 said:

Our first cruise was on the Meriviglia when it first launch in Europe and that takes a bit of a get use to because it  is so different.

I've also done Meraviglia and enjoyed it more than expected. I put Seaside and Seashore/Seascape above Meraviglia. I've never sailed Seaview which is a twin of Seaside.

6 minutes ago, danny8826 said:

We can see how much they improve. 

I'll be on World America in 2025 so I'll see where that fits in with the rest. I've never sailed on any of the Meraviglia Plus ships to compare with Meraviglia but I have sailed on the Seaside and Seaside EVO ships to see the improvements. 

10 minutes ago, danny8826 said:

We are considering the Dec 21st sailing on the Seascape.

We'll have the same itinerary on World America so if you do sail on that one, please let us know how it was as far as experiences in port, excursions, etc. 

• Thanks 1

Seascape cabins are more comparable to WE. I’ve sailed Seashore and really loved the ship, but World Europa was by far the best MSC ship I’ve been on thus far. Divina was too dated for me. I prefer the more modern touches such as usb ports bedside.

• Like 1