Starting to think about Galapagos….

18 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

My wife and I did the Southern Loop Xpedition sailing in an Xpedition Suite (502) this past Nov. Here is the live thread that I posted. The suite air conditioner was just fine. Except for a bug we caught right after the cruise, the trip went very well. Celebrity did an excellent job. The trip is expensive, but we got what we paid for and more. 

IMG_1551.thumb.jpeg.99e42181b89c5c438a36c9f48f61683f.jpeg
Untitled-331.jpeg.906e5707d740cff440d200

Looks like 502 isn’t available…lol…figured I’d check that.  🙂

Just finished watching the Galapagos presentation to get captains club points. Apparently they aren't sailing the xploration or Xpedition in 2026. 

39 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

Just finished watching the Galapagos presentation to get captains club points. Apparently they aren't sailing the xploration or Xpedition in 2026. 

I don’t recall them saying that?

They spoke about the Flora but I didn't hear them mention the other 2 ships that I heard. They also kept pushing the 10 & 16 day trips & it wasn't until the very end where they said you could do only a week. I thought the presentation could have been better. Can anyone confirm if only the Flora is going in 2026? We are booked on the Xploration next year 

2 hours ago, catspaw1 said:

I just did a mock booking for 2026- only the Flora is listed. Anyone know why they are not listing the Xploration or Xpedition? 

Yes that’s the only one showing.  Odd, but we went with 2025 as we wanted the smaller ship.

Just now, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Yes that’s the only one showing.  Odd, but we went with 2025 as we wanted the smaller ship.

We booked the the Xploration for that reason & it was a lot cheaper!

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Okay so I’m officially booked on xpedition in an expedition suite with $120 in on board credit.  What in the world can I use that on?

image.jpeg.396df3ee196f0ce4d94e483e4e75a
image.jpeg.c81b31bea8f00f14efca1f4b587f3

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Thank you.  I figured that might be it.

However I have not actually heard of anyone getting OBC let alone using it on Xpedition.

5 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Okay so I’m officially booked on xpedition in an expedition suite with $120 in on board credit.  What in the world can I use that on?

The gift shop? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2024 at 8:18 PM, cruisetonowhere10 said:

I'm assuming you can also still use your OBC for an onboard massage.  We sailed the Xpedition in September 2021 and this was part of my trip review about my massage:  I decided to treat myself with a 60-minute massage.  The cost was $90 (30 minutes is $45).  The gentle rocking of the boat during a massage was a totally new and interesting sensation, but made it very relaxing.  I thoroughly enjoyed the massage.  Things to note and be aware of if you get massages regularly:  You are covered with a bath towel (not a sheet), the massage table itself is harder than I’m used to and is not warmed up (but hey—who cares!!), and more time was spent on my feet than typical (again, not complaining!!).  These are not to detract you from getting a massage; only for your awareness.  I would do it again if given the opportunity.

Have a wonderful trip!  You will not regret going to the Galapagos. It is amazing!

• Like 1