Mazatlan: Salsa and Salsa Excursion off the Carnival Panorama

LeslieA

I've been to Mazatlan twice before.  We were going to meet friends that live there, but they can no longer spend the day with us, so I was looking into the Salsa and Salsa Excursion from Carnival Panorama.

The reviews are really mixed, so I thought I'd ask here what everyones thoughts were:

According to the details:

Sightseeing Tour in an open-air bus

Go to Royal Villa in the Golden Zone for the event.

Free time at the end of the day

About us: 50-60's.  We spend our spare time drinking and dancing.  Not really pool or beach people.  If we go to a beach in Mexico, it's to sit at a bar and listen to the mariachis. 

Thoughts?

On 5/18/2024 at 9:32 AM, LeslieA said:

I've been to Mazatlan twice before.  We were going to meet friends that live there, but they can no longer spend the day with us, so I was looking into the Salsa and Salsa Excursion from Carnival Panorama.

The reviews are really mixed, so I thought I'd ask here what everyones thoughts were:

According to the details:

Sightseeing Tour in an open-air bus

Go to Royal Villa in the Golden Zone for the event.

Free time at the end of the day

About us: 50-60's.  We spend our spare time drinking and dancing.  Not really pool or beach people.  If we go to a beach in Mexico, it's to sit at a bar and listen to the mariachis. 

Thoughts?

I did this excursion in Cabo San Lucas many years ago. It was really fun making the salsa's and drinking margarita's. The dancing was fun as well. The only thing for me is I felt like they had us make too many salsa's. I think it was 8 in total. Don't know if that has changed since then.

• 2 weeks later...

Did this excursion last November with HAL. We had so much fun eating our salsas and drinking our unlimited margaritas and learning the salsa dance. Highly recommend