Landing at Corfu Port. Possible to get around the island on a Quad bike?

reabo

Doable, yes.  Wise?  It depends.  Corfu is a relatively large island (about 40 miles long at some places).  If you are planning on staying within a few miles of the port and Corfu Town, then a Quad Bike is an OK option (assuming that you do not get run over by a crazy truck/car driver).  Not sure I would want a quad bike to go any long distance.

We would always suggest trying to reserve something, online, as you can never be sure what will be available on the day you visit (especially during the busy summer season).  Not sure where you are from, but keep in mind that if you are from outside the EU, you should have a valid International Drivers Permit (nobody will ever ask to see it..but it is required).  It goes without saying that you want to look for a rental location within walking distance of the port.

Hank

1 minute ago, Hlitner said:

Doable, yes.  Wise?  It depends.  Corfu is a relatively large island (about 40 miles long at some places).  If you are planning on staying within a few miles of the port and Corfu Town, then a Quad Bike is an OK option (assuming that you do not get run over by a crazy truck/car driver).  Not sure I would want a quad bike to go any long distance.

We would always suggest trying to reserve something, online, as you can never be sure what will be available on the day you visit (especially during the busy summer season).  Not sure where you are from, but keep in mind that if you are from outside the EU, you should have a valid International Drivers Permit (nobody will ever ask to see it..but it is required).  It goes without saying that you want to look for a rental location within walking distance of the port.

Hank

Hi thanks for your reply. I was hoping to find something with in like 30 euros a day or less. I used a quadbike in santorini and it was such a good thing to have. I guess this island is so much bigger? 

Im within the EU so no need for a IDP. But i have one vaild for Albania.

I will be in Corfu for 2 nights

arrive at 11am
full day
then leave 7pm

Accommodation is so expensive too. So thought maybe stay further out and hire a quad to get about

12 hours ago, reabo said:

Hi thanks for your reply. I was hoping to find something with in like 30 euros a day or less. I used a quadbike in santorini and it was such a good thing to have. I guess this island is so much bigger? 

Im within the EU so no need for a IDP. But i have one vaild for Albania.

I will be in Corfu for 2 nights

arrive at 11am
full day
then leave 7pm

Accommodation is so expensive too. So thought maybe stay further out and hire a quad to get about

I am old as dirt (senior plus), so my days of using a quad or motorcycle (owned one back in the 60s) are over!  No way would DW ever hop on any kind of bike or quad (she would worry about pulling a muscle or worse).  For many years, I thought a quad on Santorini (where we have often rented a car) is a terrific idea.  On Corfu, I guess it depends on how you feel about sharing narrow country roads (once you get away from Corfu Town) with some crazed drivers.  No doubt, the quads are fun (unless it is raining) and price is right.   If I were forty years younger, we would likely be using a quad in many locations :).

Hank

1 minute ago, Hlitner said:

I am old as dirt (senior plus), so my days of using a quad or motorcycle (owned one back in the 60s) are over!  No way would DW ever hop on any kind of bike or quad (she would worry about pulling a muscle or worse).  For many years, I thought a quad on Santorini (where we have often rented a car) is a terrific idea.  On Corfu, I guess it depends on how you feel about sharing narrow country roads (once you get away from Corfu Town) with some crazed drivers.  No doubt, the quads are fun (unless it is raining) and price is right.   If I were forty years younger, we would likely be using a quad in many locations :).

Hank

Hahaha, thanks Hank, appreciate the post. Ive booked a place near to the old town. So we will walk there and hopefully see some options for renting for a day. I was hoping i could secure something for 30 euros or something. I remember on satorini it was that price. 

Well seasoned rider myself! Ive driven and rode all over the world and owned a sport bike back in the day. So not to fussed about crazed drivers (Hopefully i don't regret saying that)

13 hours ago, reabo said:

m within the EU so no need for a IDP. But i have one vaild for Albania.

You don't say where you are in the EU, but if it is Albania, Albania  is not an EU member.

And do check your travel insce VERY carefully indeed as you may find that you are not covered for quad biking at all and that would be extremely high risk were you to have an accident.  Scooter, moped and motor bike hires are not usually insurable in a number of countries, and quad bikes may be the same, but that I do not know.

Shared taxi tours are very popular on Corfu and there have been a number of past threads referring to them.  Use the SEARCH tool to find them. And do pre-book should you decide on one rather than expecting to find one at the port.