Carnival Pride

2 hours ago, bar1068 said:

Very curious to know how Carnival made that decision.

After coordinating with the port? The Port of Baltimore announced Royal Caribbean was returning on the 25th earlier in the week, then announced Carnival’s return on the 26th yesterday.

The current plan is to refloat the Dali early Monday morning, where it will take 21 hours to get to its dock. 

IMG_0996.thumb.jpeg.19e9542be8a1bf8ef9c7dba40d37f50d.jpeg

• Like 2

same dates i have heard, working in Norfolk in Maritime industry, those crews have been busting $$ the last few months, and continue to do so. I know many crews around here are up there working. 
It has been nice to see the cruise ships here in port, and especially since we are cruising out of Baltimore in a few months, was nice to go down and see the ship we will be cruising on 🙂 we have never cruised, so this will be our first. granted leaving from Norfolk would be nice since we are local, we do not mind the drive up to Baltimore for our cruise.
here is a shot of hte Carnival Pride leaving Norfolk last night (Sunday). this will be the ship we are cruising on 😮 

8961713250795082554002.jpg

• Like 5

On 5/18/2024 at 6:18 PM, pcvtmom said:

The sailing will originate in Norfolk, but will return to Baltimore.

Sounds like a bit of a headache for those who got on in Norfolk. I'm surprised they aren't unloading in Norfolk first and then repositioning to Baltimore, especially since they have to sail by Norfolk anyway.

10 minutes ago, notscb said:

Sounds like a bit of a headache for those who got on in Norfolk. I'm surprised they aren't unloading in Norfolk first and then repositioning to Baltimore, especially since they have to sail by Norfolk anyway.

Carnival will provide free transportation to folks who want to get back to Norfolk.