NCL's Beach Rendezvous excursion in St. Maarten

Does anyone have any experience with this NCL excursion, specifically to know which beach they go to and which beach club/restaurant they set you up at for lunch/beach lounger? The excursion description doesn't say and there are no reviews nor can I find any discussion about this tour in the St. Maarten forum.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Does anyone have any experience with this NCL excursion, specifically to know which beach they go to and which beach club/restaurant they set you up at for lunch/beach lounger? The excursion description doesn't say and there are no reviews nor can I find any discussion about this tour in the St. Maarten forum.

My wife and I did it a number of years ago we went to Orient Beach, about half the beach was clothing optional 

Yes, unless it has changed, all Lines did their excursions to Orient Beach.

We also did this excursion many years ago on our first visit to St Martin. 
It is a long bus ride from the port (it is on Ste. Martin, the French part of the Island) and this end of the Island has strong waves. We did not feel that it was worth the price of the excursion since a lot of time is taken up in travel.

In subsequent cruises to St Maarten, ( the Dutch side), we did our own thing and we took taxis to closer beaches.

Maho Beach was fun  because of watching the planes fly low overhead and it has a lively party scene.  We also went to Dawn Beach which is close to the port and quiet with good snorkeling. At the time we were there, you could rent chairs and there was a small bar and bathroom facilities. 

All of these trips were taken before the Island was destroyed by Hurricane Irma in 2017, so I really can’t say if everything is still as it was. 

1 hour ago, trivia addict said:

Yes, unless it has changed, all Lines did their excursions to Orient Beach.

We also did this excursion many years ago on our first visit to St Martin. 
It is a long bus ride from the port (it is on Ste. Martin, the French part of the Island) and this end of the Island has strong waves. We did not feel that it was worth the price of the excursion since a lot of time is taken up in travel.

In subsequent cruises to St Maarten, ( the Dutch side), we did our own thing and we took taxis to closer beaches.

Maho Beach was fun  because of watching the planes fly low overhead and it has a lively party scene.  We also went to Dawn Beach which is close to the port and quiet with good snorkeling. At the time we were there, you could rent chairs and there was a small bar and bathroom facilities. 

All of these trips were taken before the Island was destroyed by Hurricane Irma in 2017, so I really can’t say if everything is still as it was. 

Yes. I’ve been to Orient multiple times before and after the hurricane. This excursion stuck out to me because all the other beach related excursions they are offering say Orient Beach specifically but this one does not so it stuck out to me.