Luggage drop-off at Manchester Airport

We're sailing with Marella next month and are flying from Manchester at about 8:00am. The information I've received says that we can drop off our cases between 14:00 and 21:00 the day before we fly, which we're very tempted to do. We'll be staying at the Premier Inn and it would be great just to take hand luggage into the hotel without worrying about leaving cases in the car. However, this is also the first time we've flown with more that just carry-on luggage in about 6 years and I'm worrying that we'll drop the cases off early and never see them again! 

So my question is this - has anybody used the day-before drop-off service (either at Manchester or anywhere else) and how did you find it? 

51 minutes ago, Martha1974 said:

We're sailing with Marella next month and are flying from Manchester at about 8:00am. The information I've received says that we can drop off our cases between 14:00 and 21:00 the day before we fly, which we're very tempted to do. We'll be staying at the Premier Inn and it would be great just to take hand luggage into the hotel without worrying about leaving cases in the car. However, this is also the first time we've flown with more that just carry-on luggage in about 6 years and I'm worrying that we'll drop the cases off early and never see them again! 

So my question is this - has anybody used the day-before drop-off service (either at Manchester or anywhere else) and how did you find it? 

We used this service at EMA in September. We dropped the luggage off around 6pm and there was no-one at the desk. There was a bell and someone came really quickly and checked us in and the cases disappeared.  It was great the next morning, we arrived at the airport and there were massive queues for check-in but we just passed them and went straight through to departures.  I admit we did keep wondering whether the luggage would arrive at Palma but everything worked extremely well. We recommended this service to my brother who also used it and was impressed.

• Thanks 1

Used it last time at Birmingham, makes the early morning airport flight much simpler. If you are worried and have an iPhone you could place an AirTag in a case so you can make sure they're going with you.

• Thanks 1

Hi, used the night before luggage drop off at Liverpool Airport with Jet2. Was great, though their computers weren't all working which slowed the process down a bit.

As previously stated it is good just going straight to security.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your comments, and sorry not to reply sooner. We've decided we're going to give it a try. Going to pass on the AirTags this time (we'll just make sure we've got a change of clothes and swimwear in the hand luggage and split our clothes across both cases so we'll both at least have something to wear!) but definitely thinking about investing in them in the future 🙂 

PS @dronnygirl have seen on another thread that you're due on the Sky Princess soon (if not already). Hope you have a fabulous time - we've sailed on her twice and love her!