Bougie Babes take on MAS Paradise ***LIVE June 4-6th***

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from mandyleighflies! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

mandyleighflies was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Hello CC!! 

My name is Amanda (Mandy) and my best friend, Lauren (Lorie), and I randomly booked a 2 night Bahamas sailing on MAS Paradise June 4-6th as a gal's trip and to celebrate Lauren's Bday. Lauren and I are both flight attendants so we have a lot of travel experience and free airfare so going on a random trip is not unusual for us. We randomly went to Cancun for my birthday back in February because we were at the airport with time off after an annual training. Quite literally in the airport club with Bloody's, I looked at Lauren and simply said "you know we don't have to go home" and 2 hours later we were on our way to Cancun. 

A little bit about our cruising history. Lauren has been on 2 cruises, 1 with Carnival and 1 with Princess. I am Emerald with RCCL and sail 2-3 times a year with either my husband or my mom and kids. Admittedly, I have only sailed in a Junior Suite or better with RCCL since February 2018....yes I KNOW. We actually have Utopia in a JS and Symphony in a CLS booked in the coming year. Prior to sailing with RCCL exclusively I sailed with CCL through the Golden 90's and a couple sailings with NCL. That clears up our cruise experience and paints the scene for MAS Paradise experience. 

OUR MAS PARADISE EXPERIENCE 

We are sailing in an INTERIOR cabin on Deck 7. 😆 

We did purchase the License to Chill package, the Bottomless drinks brunch and an AI Cabana excursion in the Bahamas. 

We will be purchasing a couple extra drink packages at $99 per person...I know us. 

The License to Chill includes for 2 (according to website and I will be documenting the actual experience) 

"Priority Boarding"

Dinners and Breakfast plus a wine tasting at JWB Steakhouse

10 Drinks (that will last us one day between the two of us 😄🍹)

$150 in spa credit (FASCINATING)

Wifi for 2 devices 

Merchandise gift (i.e coupon)

AND MORE....TBD what and more is...could be like the beyond portion of Bed, Bath and Beyond. 

All for $359 per cabin. 

JWB Sparkling Wine/Bottomless Brunch - 63.00 (31.50 each)

Pirates Cove Private Cabana and DayPass

Private cabana for up to 6.

All drinks and Food

AND MORE...once again see above comment on Beyond. 

All for 269.98 (134.99 per person)

Cabin was $169 (plus taxes, fees, etc)

We will be sailing for basically $1400 All Inclusive or roughly $700 per person and this is an estimate of our onboard spending. It could be more but hopefully slightly less but as of now it's a grand total of $1080.00. Not bad given what I usually spend. 

All this being said, I am going to be fully transparent with my experience. I am going in with LOW expectations, in fact, the only expectation is to HAVE FUN WITH MY BESTIE and I think we are capable of that anywhere. 

Stay tuned. I will update with our pre-cruise gear, our outfit plans (Golden girls and Miami Vice thrift) as well as photos documenting our experience. Come sail away with us but bring your drink, you're going to need it. 

• Like 1

@mandyleighflies I for one am glad you let us know you were posting as I have followed you before and have enjoyed your posts. 

I will need to read up about the ship and cruise line after I get off of Freedom however as I am cruising with family on a 4 night starting 6/3.  Enjoy your cruise and time with your friend.  

• Thanks 1

On 5/20/2024 at 7:55 PM, mandyleighflies said:

Love y'all ❤️💃

Mandyleighflies, I've done this cruise twice so I feel pretty confident in saying you're going to have a great time. You've got the right attitude which is low expectations. It's an old ship with zero bells & whistles but it is well-maintained and very clean. Since it's only a 2-nt cruise, that means just one day at Grand Bahama. The cruise begins and ends so fast, it's over in the blink of an eye.

If you'd like to read my non-commercial Blog about the music/fun on the ship, check it out here and this will give you some idea. I don't think they do "Jimmy's Ship Show" onboard anymore.

https://www.orlandoentertainmentnews.com/?p=19312

Have a great time; will look forward to your report.

BobK/Orlando

• Thanks 1

6 Days!!! I know it’s just a short 2 night cruise but I’m just as excited as I get for our longer ones! 

We have chosen to dress in our own “theme attire” for this trip for fun. Our flight to PBI and boarding outfits will be Golden Gals at sea. Then at night we are channeling 80’s Miami Vice vibes. Thank God for Goodwill!! 

IMG_6453.thumb.jpeg.75cee1445c974a8ee48d9f069848f2a4.jpeg

IMG_6441.thumb.jpeg.fa15af16eb9ece63b3414f2e9de74adb.jpeg

Our Golden Gal’s outfits with our custom captain hats 

IMG_6452.thumb.jpeg.86bc74177b30ba10828888c7c08e9441.jpeg

IMG_6451.thumb.jpeg.ac7a0ec687c3915a9af89869f7ee70d7.jpeg

Miami Vice evenings. I actually Love both of these outfits and would honestly wear them again. 

Right now, the plan is for Lauren to fly to me in DC on the 3rd and us fly out together on the 4th. I never Fly the day of a cruise but chose to take our chances versus booking a hotel that costs more than the trip itself. 

We have a couple more custom things coming but I’ll show those when they arrive along with how I’m packing. See y'all in a couple of days!! 

Edited by mandyleighflies
  • Like 1