Pricing Dining packeges VS on board pricing of the restaurants. No advantages?

Good evening,

I am wondering about the pricing of the Dining packeges for 5 nights compared to the original pricing of the restaurants.

I was told from Celebrity that actually these are the onbaord prices( Shilouette):

- LAWN CLUB GRILL: 50 USD
- TUSCAN: 55 USD 
- THE PORCH: 30 USD 
- MURANO: 60 USD

So the 5 nights package cost right now 307,22 Dollar.

That makes 61,44 Dollar per meal.

So where is my advantage? 

I will lose money if I book in advance.

I can not belive that this could be true. So where is the point I don´t see? Is the sercie charge pre booked included? Are the prices above wrong?

Please helph me, I am confuesed.

Thank you in advance
Frank

If those prices are accurate then I don't see the value in the package either.  I've also noticed on one of our upcoming cruises that the package savings were only nominal to the on board prices so we didn't move on it either.  These things are always subject to change and I would continue to check from time to time to see if the packages improve.  But in your case it certainly doesn't offer any advantage now.

Are both prices including the 20% gratuity? That $307.22 makes me think that price includes the 20%, whereas the other prices don't.

Granted, adding 20% to Lawn Club and Porch is still less than $61.44. Tuscan would be $66 and Murano $72.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vivacolonia said:

Good evening,

I am wondering about the pricing of the Dining packeges for 5 nights compared to the original pricing of the restaurants.

I was told from Celebrity that actually these are the onbaord prices( Shilouette):

- LAWN CLUB GRILL: 50 USD
- TUSCAN: 55 USD 
- THE PORCH: 30 USD 
- MURANO: 60 USD

So the 5 nights package cost right now 307,22 Dollar.

That makes 61,44 Dollar per meal.

So where is my advantage? 

I will lose money if I book in advance.

I can not belive that this could be true. So where is the point I don´t see? Is the sercie charge pre booked included? Are the prices above wrong?

Please helph me, I am confuesed.

Thank you in advance
Frank

For comparison: the 5 night specialty dining package for our Apr 2025 Solstice sailing is $270 without any discounts (plus the 20% gratuity that is charged when you make the purchase).  The list prices for the individual restaurants are the same as what you listed except for The Porch because Solstice does not have that restaurant.

image.png.645f3ae230d597e4833c54d3e68bb89f.png

Also, keep in mind if you purchase a package you can’t reserve until you are onboard, which is a distinct disadvantage as things can get booked up on a full ship.