Specialty Dining

This is my first cruise on Princess and we are sailing on Regal out of Galveston.  We have the premier package which will include two speciality reservations, which restaurants does this cover?  And which ones are considered the casual sit down meals that we have for no fee?  Do you make your reservations prior to sailing or once you get on the ship?

Regal has Sabatini's (Italian) and Crown Grill (steakhouse).  Since you have the 2 free SD restaurants included, I personally think it best to go ahead and book those pre-cruise. You'll get a lot of opinions as far as your other questions...

• Like 1

There is a nice casual offering in Vines (see photo) but it's only available during a limited window each day, something like 3PM-8PM. Alfredo's is another casual option that we enjoyed several times. On a side note: I recommend bringing a bottle of wine to enjoy at sail away because they will not honor your Premier package until the ship hits international waters. You will get a $25 OBC as compensation. 

Charcuterie.thumb.jpeg.e5f8e0634b51b49213180c87ca67e7ca.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks!  Working on getting reservations but having trouble with getting reservations for 4 people all with premier without them charging for the second couple!  I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

12 hours ago, So_Tweetie said:

There is a nice casual offering in Vines (see photo) but it's only available during a limited window each day, something like 3PM-8PM. Alfredo's is another casual option that we enjoyed several times. On a side note: I recommend bringing a bottle of wine to enjoy at sail away because they will not honor your Premier package until the ship hits international waters. You will get a $25 OBC as compensation. 

Charcuterie.thumb.jpeg.e5f8e0634b51b49213180c87ca67e7ca.jpeg

Looks different on different ships.  On Majestic last month, no cheese nor green olives.

1 hour ago, sksadams said:

Thanks!  Working on getting reservations but having trouble with getting reservations for 4 people all with premier without them charging for the second couple!  I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. The app is inconsistent when recognizing premier when making reservations. If it charges you you can get reimbursed on the ship.

Just now, HotRoot said:

Looks different on different ships.  On Majestic last month, no cheese nor green olives.

The one we had on Ruby Princess last week had cheese and olives and looked like the picture

Interestingly we sat down at 7.15pm and the chef had just left for the day. They had to call him back for us.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, So_Tweetie said:

No cheese on a charcuterie board?!

You understood me correctly.  No cheese on a charcuterie board.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HotRoot said:

On the Ruby in April and missing several items. They said they were out of them and removed it from our casual meal allotment 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, memoak said:

On the Ruby in April and missing several items. They said they were out of them and removed it from our casual meal allotment 

I can see it not having items if they ran out, and it's good that they didn't charge it to your allotment. I don't believe that Princess is intentionally serving Wine Bar Bites without cheese on any ship. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We went to vines on Ruby on the last night of our cruise last week and they had all the ingredients then for the board

Enjoyed it and the chocolate truffles were great too

Wished we had gone there more often pre-meals 

All week there was no watermelon for cocktails available and that was my cocktail I wanted lol!!

The premium one at 19 us dollars

Salted watermelon margarita. Never available from day one to seven. So with premium drinks I ended up drinking plus cocktails instead

They told me a bar that would have it (wheelhouse) I went there and they didn't have it!!

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

You understood me correctly.  No cheese on a charcuterie board.

Kind of reminds me of the time I ordered a tuna melt onboard.  When it came, there was no cheese on it.  When I pointed it out, the waiter said it didn't come with cheese.  I asked him, then what is the melt.  He then took it and brought it back with cold (unmelted) cheese on it. 

🤪

i

• Haha 4