Galley to Table: Kitchen Tour & Lunch (Solstice)

Sitting at the table at the end of the Galley to Table tour on Celebrity Reflections. 

Don’t bother! 
What a disappointment. 

for $60usd as someone down below mentioned it took more time to gather everyone sign the forms than it was to do the tour. 

We breezed through the Galley of the Opus restaurant, In one end out the other and was sat down for the 3 course lunch. 
The chef answered quickly two questions from the guests.

It lasted no exaggeration, 5min.

Could have paid double for a 2hr tour of the behind the scene ship.

It said moderated so was thinking it would still be at least 1hr? 1/2hr? 

What was I thinking?

hmm more detailed explanations, more insight?

maybe seeing the provisions? 

• Thanks 1

I've done a similar tour a couple times.   They use to have a small cooking class for 10 in the Murano Kitchen.   After the class you had a lovely lunch in Murano. 

If you would like a little bit more upscale of an experience you may consider the Daniel B Chef's Dinner.   The start out with a meet and greet with bubbly and Charcuterie,   The chef then comes out to meet the group and takes you for a 15-20 minute tour of the kitchen.        That is followed by a 4 course dinner.   

I've recently seen this tour on our Transatlantic.    Also noticed they have another where you learn to make Pizza and then have it served in a restaurant.    On top of that they have a Steak Master Class and a  Steak Tartar Class.      With so many sea days they must be coming up with all types of ways to make additional money.

• Like 1

@OKC365 Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We have decided to take a pass.

As per @Jim_Iain's suggestions, I think we'll take a look at other behind the scenes options when we get on board, which is VERY soon! 🙂It's fitting that you mentioned Daniel Boulud's Chef Table as he was literally just on TV a few minutes ago on Toronto's morning show! We've been to one of his NYC establishments and had a great experience. I'm hoping there will be a couple of seats left as I don't see a booking option in the app. If there aren't, oh well, we'll just have to book another cruise to enjoy it! 😉