specialty dining experience limits

Hi cruise critic family, First timer on MSC. Sailing on Seashore in July '24.

I'm looking to go purchase the dining experience package. Is there a limit on how many times we can go to a certain restaurant? ie: can we go to Butchers Cut 4 times with the specialty dining experience? 

16 minutes ago, longhorn54321 said:

Hi cruise critic family, First timer on MSC. Sailing on Seashore in July '24.

I'm looking to go purchase the dining experience package. Is there a limit on how many times we can go to a certain restaurant? ie: can we go to Butchers Cut 4 times with the specialty dining experience? 

You get different restaurants depending on the package you purchase with a mix of experiences. So no you can’t choose the same one 4 times.

If you look at your cruise personaliser it describes which restaurants or shows each individual package includes.

I believe the packages now tell you exactly which restaurants they are for, no longer giving you the choice of where to use them.  Also be aware that each restaurant in the package has a special, limited, menu from which you may order.

Yeah as gizfish says if you purchase the package it is a set menu.

On Seascape we purchased the two restaurant one, it entitled us to Butchers Cut and Teppanyaki. Teppanyaki I think was their midrange menu (there was the option to upgrade) and Butchers Cut was a 3 course menu, only steaks were 8oz filet and 14oz new york strip (which was really good), again in butchers cut you could upgrade and buy a more expensive steak for 50% of the al a carte price if on the package. 

11 hours ago, mcoler181 said:

Yeah as gizfish says if you purchase the package it is a set menu.

On Seascape we purchased the two restaurant one, it entitled us to Butchers Cut and Teppanyaki. Teppanyaki I think was their midrange menu (there was the option to upgrade) and Butchers Cut was a 3 course menu, only steaks were 8oz filet and 14oz new york strip (which was really good), again in butchers cut you could upgrade and buy a more expensive steak for 50% of the al a carte price if on the package. 

Yes, the strip I had at Butchers Cut was excellent. Well worth it. When I ordered the package it was $71 for three  dinners and the only limitation was you could only go to Butchers cut once. I found the "Experience" menu to be fine at all three restaurants. I used them at Butchers Cut, Ocean Cay and the Teppenyaki hibachi. Unfortunately now they've raised the price a lot and pick the restaurants. They include Hola which is only $19 anyway.

Just to add, NY strip was one of the regular (not steakhouse additional charge selections) always available items in the MDR, and was also offered twice in the "daily specials" section on our 8 night Meraviglia cruise in September.  It was quite good.

2 hours ago, gizfish said:

Just to add, NY strip was one of the regular (not steakhouse additional charge selections) always available items in the MDR, and was also offered twice in the "daily specials" section on our 8 night Meraviglia cruise in September.  It was quite good.

My daughter got the NY strip in the MDR once or twice, it was OK, not a patch on Butchers cut. I also paid the $20 for the upgrade one, I cant remember which cut it was, I want to see T Bone but again it wasn't as good as Butchers Cut, not bad but not great.