geo blue trekker renewal

2 hours ago, simong said:

i received an email from geo blue due 7/6/2024 my next cruise sailing is 8/4/2024 should i renew or get a new policy?

Sorry, not sure I understand your question?

Are you on an annual plan now and this is an option to renew?

Assuming this is what you are faced with, let me tell you this.  Our annual plan expired April 5th.  Only for the reason that we were not travelling until October and we thought we would extend the annual plan further into the following year waiting and repurchasing in September, we found out that renewing preserved our rates and we would be paying more if we let the annual policy lapse and started a new one.

Not sure if this is even relevant but thought I would share in case it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, simong said:

i received an email from geo blue due 7/6/2024 my next cruise sailing is 8/4/2024 should i renew or get a new policy?

In most cases you should wait to put the policy in effect the day before your next trip.  There is no real difference between a renewal or a new policy.  

The previous poster's comments do not apply to GeoBlue Trekker unless your birthday falls in between 7/6/24 and 8/3/24. Then it only applies if your new age puts you into a new premium bracket.  Unless you are turning 70, it won't make a huge difference. If you are having a birthday in that date range, you can always get a quick quote with your current age and then change your age to see if the premium changes. 

FYI - At age 70 the premium goes up and the coverage goes down to a maximum of $100,000 per year.  That's why I mentioned 70.

Edited by Jersey42