The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday May 26th, 2024

4 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Thank you.

Good that she is able to maintain contact w/her siblings. 

Just gotta say it again  - I loved the pictures of her in the garden. The cartwheel pictures are fabulous. She is blessed to have you both. 

She is a very resilient little girl.  She doesn't have contact with her half siblings on her dad's side because her dad is a jerk extraordinaire.  We try to infuse in her that she is a wonderful person and we are happy to have her in our lives. I think we're winning.

• Like 11

Debbie @dfish , I really enjoyed seeing the photos Sunday of River and of Dow Gardens.  One pic reminded me of one taken there in the 1970's when twin Linda and Mom came for a visit.  We were walking across a creek with the large flat rocks as our stepping stones.  Four year old DS's leather sandal slipped on one rock and his feet slid into the creek.  I turned around and lifted his sandals up out of the water as he lay on that flat rock just as Linda snapped a photo of us .  DS's face was comical but I was laughing at it all.  Wish I was home to take a photo of the one in my photo album to show you.  Dow Gardens is a great spot to relax and commune with nature.  Nice to see it's still kept up so well. 

I echo all who commented on how lucky River is to have these days spent with you and Sue.  But not surprising the feeling goes both ways.

• Like 6