The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday May 26th, 2024

Today is National Paper Airplane Day, World Lindy Hop Day, and Cellophane Tape Day

Guilt: the gift that keeps on giving. - Erma Bombeck

Meal Suggestion for today - Pesto Chicken Quinoa Bowls
Drink of the Day - B&B
Wine of the Day - Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Chardonnay
Destination of the Day - Douglas, Isle of Man, United Kingdom

Today in History:
1927 Henry Ford and the Ford Motor Company produce the last (and 15th million) Model T Ford / Tin Lizzie

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 05-27

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 05-27

Nieuw Amsterdam

Whittier, Alaska 01:00 - 20:00

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Lerwick, Mainland Shetland, Scotland eta 05-27

Noordam

Vancouver, BC Canada 7:00-16:00

Oosterdam

Trieste, Italy 06:00 - 23:59

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Eidfjord, Norway Hardangerfjord eta 05-27

Volendam

Bar Harbor, Maine 07:00 - 16:00

Westerdam

Seattle, Washington 7:00-15:00

Zaandam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Kristiansand, Norway eta 05-27

0526World.thumb.png.e68805cc63ad5b25dbd14de9788ca55f.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 24

Good morning and Thank you for the Dailyies!!!

I may have to do some folding and try my hand at paper airplanes...  or dance a bit...  or tape up some packages!!!

I can't say I'm a fan of quinoa ...  but an occasional bowl is quite acceptable!!!

Have a SPLENDID day!!!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Good morning.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

It is raining and 58°F here.

3 good days and excellent quote.

Nice food and wine.

Prayers 🙏 for all who are unwell.

Best wishes for a wonderful day to y'all.

Screenshot_20240526_110638.jpg

Screenshot_20240526_110709.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 13

Good morning friends!  It’s 59F with fair skies.  I hope the weather reports on the TV screen for the next week are wrong since it shows a chance of rain every day!  Praying for no rain on our Baltic parade!

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily.  I like all the days to recognize today.  Love Erma Bombeck quotes.  I think I’ll skip the quinoa bowl, B&B and Chardonnay.  The end of an era for Ford Motor Company in 1927.  Thanks Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope,and Ann @cat shepard for your F&B reports.

Prayers for DB, Alex’s boys, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, the men and women of our military in the region, and our friends here on the Daily in need of them.  Big wishes for improvement in health so we can add you to the Celebration list!  Cheers to all celebrating and cruising.  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your fine work keeping the lists updated.  I really enjoyed all the precious notes from the little ones, and photos of the DGC and Baby Murphy yesterday.  Really brightens up our day seeing those sweet faces.

I see lots of cute photos on DGD Ashley’s Instagram because she and her bridesmaids are having a fun bachelorette weekend in Nashville.  They really do things up BIG these days, don’t they?

Port of the day is Douglas, Isle of Man, UK.  We had that port once before on June 8, 2022.  No, I can’t say I recall having been there before.  Here’s the link for your convenience if you posted photos last time.

We only have a few days at sea this 14 day segment to the Baltics.  Today is one of them.  Wines of the World wine tasting is at 1 pm.  Captain’s Welcome on the World Stage at 7:15 pm.  I guess since it’s a sea day I will go back to work on the Christmas stocking.  Little to nothing done on it these past 5 or 6 days.  I hope everyone has a wonderful day, keep safe and stay well!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

73 this AM with more of the same with a high of 92 and sunshine.

Good selection of days, on our last 2 Princess cruises they have had Paper Airplane contests in the Atrium.

Not sure about the quote or the meal.

A B & B is a great after dinner drink.

Sad day on the PGA tour as Grayson Murray died at the young age of 30, he won the Sony Open in Hawaii earlier in the year and though having issues in the past he was getting his life in order and was going to be married later in the year.

Have a great day and stay well.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 12

B & B cocktail:

Ingredients
1-½ ounces Benedictine liqueur
1-½ ounces brandy

Instructions

Pre-warm the brandy snifter by pouring a little hot water in the glass. Swirl it around, then discard.
Pour the jigger of Benedictine into the warm brandy snifter.
Gently pour the brandy over the back of a bar spoon and let it fall on top of the Benedictine to 'float' it on the thicker liqueur.

Screenshot 2024-05-26 at 6.34.30 AM.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 21

5 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

73 this AM with more of the same with a high of 92 and sunshine.

Good selection of days, on our last 2 Princess cruises they have had Paper Airplane contests in the Atrium.

Not sure about the quote or the meal.

A B & B is a great after dinner drink.

Sad day on the PGA tour as Grayson Murray died at the young age of 30, he won the Sony Open in Hawaii earlier in the year and though having issues in the past he was getting his life in order and was going to be married later in the year.

Have a great day and stay well.

Very sad news about Grayson Murray.

Condolences to his family and friends.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Today’s Care List:

Kazu with foot infection and having foot pain

Flooding and storms, especially Iowa & TX: AZ and Canada fires

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues

Ger_77’s DH Maurice post TAVR (valve replacement), doing well

Catmando on immunotherapy, pain & jaw bone issues due to prior radiation

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

dfish’s goddaughter Elizabeth’s new arrival Adelaide

Summer Slope’s friend Mike well enough to fly home

Nickelpenny post back surgery, now home, doing well

RMLincoln’s DH with eye drainage incision still open on last evaluation

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

6 days for Mr. Boston (Volendam June 1 to June 8 ) 7d Canada/New England Discovery

7 days for Luvteaching (Majestic Princess June 2 to June 9) Alaska Inside Passage

MrSnuggleupagus (Koningsdam to June 1) Alaska Inside Passage, Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage), and StLouisCruisers (Zuiderdam to June 8 ) 28d Passage to Normandy & Baltic Jewels + Zuiderdam (June 8 to July 20) 42d Ultimate Viking Explorer & Passage

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 25

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Cool and clear this morning, we should hit 23C (73F) this afternoon.  

Interesting collection of days.  I'm not good at making paper airplanes, I'd like to dance if I could convince hubby to dance with me, and we call cellophane tape Scotch tape.

Amusing quote.

The meal sounds okay, the drink and the wine sound fine.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for our world.

Have a peaceful day.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Another lovely day here. Last night’s dinner at a friend’s was so much fun. Way too much food & my Tiramisu was a hit. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with us all! Glad your HVAC got fixed. I am so happy that your surgery has given you your quality of life back!

Gym, Bindi walks, Aldi, a visit with my Sister & Brayden and pool time!

IMG_2915.jpeg.72bde6518291dd2732088b2f09e96888.jpeg

IMG_2919.jpeg.da42a973ba49e88c61266c2bfbc353fd.jpeg

IMG_2905.jpeg.9d996f088d01a3a84bfe14197995cf3f.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Chardonnay 2020

I used the 2020 vintage, because I found the best info for it. But you can find the 2022 vintage almost everywhere & prices start at $5.98!  

Online prices for the 2020 vintage start at $15.98. 

Distributor notes

Wine Enthusiast: "Concentrated and creamy but not overly showy, this wine is balanced, restrained and layered. It meshes an apple-tart flavor with subtle vanilla and nutmeg nuances while underlying acidity achieves excellent balance." 

Winery: "America's #1 selling Chardonnay for 26 years and counting! It's no wonder Vintner's Reserve Chardonnay is our most popular release. Grown in California’s cool coastal vineyards. Monterey County provides citrus and lime flavors. Santa Barbara County imparts mango and pineapple flavors. Mendocino County imparts green apple notes. Sonoma County adds ripe pear flavors.  Exceptionally food-friendly!"

• Like 24
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 2

Good morn everyone from a rainy Boston, it’s 60F here this morning.  Thank-you for the daily report.  

A fun collection of days today, the Lindy Hop, paper airplanes and cellophane tape.  I haven’t made a paper airplane in ages, maybe today.

Not sure on the meal and no on the drink.  Quinoa isn’t my favorite food.

Funny quote by Erma Bombeck, I miss her writing.

I haven’t been to today’s port.

Prayers for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to those of you who are celebrating happy events today!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here! 

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and map Rich!  I haven't seen cellophane tape in years but it was a very useful invention until the frosted tape came out that doesn't yellow.  A very true quote by Erma Bombeck.   We sure did see a lot of Model Ts when we visited the Gilmore Car Museum, simple and very useful vehicles.  They even had a paddy wagon, panel delivery and an ambulance there.   Pass on today's meal and the B& B but the KJ Chardonnay is a serviceable selection though a bit sweet.  Thanks for researching these for us each day ladies! 

Thanks for the cares and celebrations reports.   I am happy to read that all who went through surgery the past few weeks appear to be on the mend.   Prayers for Chuck, Tana and everyone else needing them. Prayers for the 5 lost souls and their families in Texas after the tornado.  Prayers for all in war zones through no fault of their own, Ukraine, the hostages and the innocents in Gaza.  

I got a lot done yesterday so sadly never made it back to the daily.  I ordered another box of bare root Hostas on clearance so I cleaned out all the grass that had come up in the old vegetable garden and after soaking the roots in a bucket in they went.  I had so much compost from our bin when I emptied it that all my containers and the garden got some.   All my annuals are in their planters and tomatoes are in their big containers and on their dollies for the summer.  It remains cool here so we had another fire in the wood stove and it appears the cool weather will carry through until next week.  Cleaning the stove and laying a new fire is in order today.  Have a lovely day today!  Nancy

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Good cloudy and humid morning. Thunderstorms are expected this afternoon and again tomorrow.

I have been to the Isle of Man twice. We stayed at a nice hotel on the promenade. I wonder if they still have the horse drawn trolley along the promenade .

Yesterday, we went to Bareville fire company for their annual steak dinner. It was delicious.

Tonight on PBS is the annual Memorial Day concert from Washington DC. It’s always very emotional.  8 pm eastern time.

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Happy Sunday everyone. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Today will be 86 and mostly sunny. I will be outside pulling weeds today. Fancy enjoyed her walk in the park yesterday. she is a little stiff this morning. Expecting rain tomorrow so we are trying to get as much outside stuff done today. 

Thinking of all on the care list.

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Don't Bother These Cats Who Are Enjoying Their Sunday (Memes) | Funny ...

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Good Sunday morning to all.

Thank you to Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann and Dixie for your contributions to this thread.

Thank you to Graham for Father David’s sermon.

Prayers for all on the Cares List and Cheers to those celebrating.  

Hope everyone is doing well.

Today is my Mom’s birthday in Heaven.  

We will be traveling to Jacksonville tomorrow.  I have a number of appointments at the Mayo Clinic on Tuesday.  I will finally get to see the Orthopedist regarding the Rotator Cuff tear. I have been waiting a long time for this appointment.  I fell on Feb. 5 and had the MRI on March 12.  It has taken this long to finally see the Ortho Doc.  

Will also see my PCP regarding my Polymyalgia Rheumatica. I am on a course of weaning off the Prednisone.  So far so good and hope that continues.

Hope everyone is having a nice Memorial Day weekend.  Prayers for all who gave the ultimate sacrifice for freedom.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, everyone!

Another beautiful day is in store here in mid-Michigan.  We've got nice sunshiny skies and the temperature should rise to 77F.  Rain moves in tonight and lasts overnight.  We will head over to Dow Gardens later today.  They have a great children's play area.  Sue and I can get a cup of coffee and watch River have a great time.  It goes easy on us old folks to go there!

@ottahand7  Any tips on how to keep the squirrels away from bare root hostas?  We bought some bare root blue hostas and Sue planted them, but the squirrels or chipmunks kept digging them up.  I think they killed all three of them.  Any other members of the Garden Club can chime in on this one.  

I used to love B&B and hadn't had it in years.  Last summer I asked if they had it on the Zaandam when we went on our Greenland/Iceland cruise.  They did and I had it.  Much sweeter than I remembered, but still good.  I might need one this summer.  I also like the Kendall Jackson Vinter's Reserve Chardonnay.  My sister and I go between that one and La Crema.   Last night we had a Fetzer Gewerztraminer that was pretty darn good for $8.  

Today's meal sounds like a good one.  I would probably add in more veggies and substitute riced cauliflower for the quinoa.  But, the pesto chicken part sounds wonderful!  https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/7870644/pesto-chicken-quinoa-bowls/

pestochickenquinoabowl1.jpg.d00464f0cf2acdf30ba1713c832e09b2.jpg

This next recipe adds in a dressing for the quinoa bowl.  https://nourishedbynic.com/pesto-chicken-quinoa-bowls/

pestochickenquinoabowl2.thumb.jpg.5d2d0495c750565cc62941a93623156d.jpg

Here's the recipe I am making for RNB.  It has broccoli, bell peppers, zucchini, and I'll throw in some of his favorite brussels sprouts for good measure.   https://www.throughthefibrofog.com/pesto-chicken-quinoa-bowls/

pestochickenquinoabowl3.thumb.jpg.62261365a2dfdf09775a2987bce353b3.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 19
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Another lovely day here. Last night’s dinner at a friend’s was so much fun. Way too much food & my Tiramisu was a hit. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with us all! Glad your HVAC got fixed. I am so happy that your surgery has given you your quality of life back!

Gym, Bindi walks, Aldi, a visit with my Sister & Brayden and pool time!

IMG_2915.jpeg.72bde6518291dd2732088b2f09e96888.jpeg

IMG_2919.jpeg.da42a973ba49e88c61266c2bfbc353fd.jpeg

IMG_2905.jpeg.9d996f088d01a3a84bfe14197995cf3f.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Chardonnay 2020

I used the 2020 vintage, because I found the best info for it. But you can find the 2022 vintage almost everywhere & prices start at $5.98!  

Online prices for the 2020 vintage start at $15.98. 

Distributor notes

Wine Enthusiast: "Concentrated and creamy but not overly showy, this wine is balanced, restrained and layered. It meshes an apple-tart flavor with subtle vanilla and nutmeg nuances while underlying acidity achieves excellent balance." 

Winery: "America's #1 selling Chardonnay for 26 years and counting! It's no wonder Vintner's Reserve Chardonnay is our most popular release. Grown in California’s cool coastal vineyards. Monterey County provides citrus and lime flavors. Santa Barbara County imparts mango and pineapple flavors. Mendocino County imparts green apple notes. Sonoma County adds ripe pear flavors.  Exceptionally food-friendly!"

I like your alligator joke but living among those critters for over 30 years I wish they would go away and become extinct. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

It’s a beautiful day and we just picked up our pilot as we enter Goulette, Tunisia. Just enjoyed a BBQ lunch poolside and at 2:30 will be going on an excursion to the ancient city of Carthage.

Ninety Two new crew members embark today and a few are leaving. Getting back to full crew compliment as next segment we’ll have 670 guest onboard which is our largest guest count yet.

Thanks for the reports and post. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.4099a577cb437c7ff6ff86cade5bf8ea.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.553d707e027ead762fe92d31d7ce45d8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e9f9d94debfaa0f56df43041eb71e537.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3e3f88482683c40eb27476c79a1ecd9f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.38c2d45612dd7e49b12373741e55c663.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.485a2639da82a13030e5698e6117ae89.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e1770211dab4e2d7b12667bef6a870d0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8e16a55b79322f9cce860a755ee5046f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1d81ea7db4aaeed189aad12a79e0cd20.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.dee34df4c128cf00f6252a876eb486fb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c2a2b0107abf777d592596642260eab3.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 8

8 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

It’s a beautiful day and we just picked up our pilot as we enter Goulette, Tunisia. Just enjoyed a BBQ lunch poolside and at 2:30 will be going on an excursion to the ancient city of Carthage.

Ninety Two new crew members embark today and a few are leaving. Getting back to full crew compliment as next segment we’ll have 670 guest onboard which is our largest guest count yet.

Thanks for the reports and post. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.4099a577cb437c7ff6ff86cade5bf8ea.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.553d707e027ead762fe92d31d7ce45d8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e9f9d94debfaa0f56df43041eb71e537.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3e3f88482683c40eb27476c79a1ecd9f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.38c2d45612dd7e49b12373741e55c663.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.485a2639da82a13030e5698e6117ae89.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e1770211dab4e2d7b12667bef6a870d0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8e16a55b79322f9cce860a755ee5046f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1d81ea7db4aaeed189aad12a79e0cd20.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.dee34df4c128cf00f6252a876eb486fb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c2a2b0107abf777d592596642260eab3.jpeg

Your ship looks amazing as does all of the food.

• Like 14