Grand Asia

18 minutes ago, sandiego1 said:

We heard a rumor that there may be one in Sep/Oct 2026. We have a future cruise request with HAL and paid the deposit.

I hope it is not a rumor.  Hoping it will be from the States without flying for 18 hours 🤞🤞🤞

Please keep me posted. 

24 minutes ago, Nancy&Frank said:

I hope it is not a rumor.  Hoping it will be from the States without flying for 18 hours 🤞🤞🤞

Please keep me posted. 

The rumor is that it will leave from the West coast. We are hoping for San Diego (for obvious reasons 😀).

I suggest you call the HAL World Cruise desk and submit a FCR. It was only $200 and is fully refundable. Then you will be notified automatically. Don’t call the regular HAL #. They don’t know how to do a FCR. Only the WC desk knows about it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/27/2024 at 1:32 AM, sandiego1 said:

The rumor is that it will leave from the West coast. We are hoping for San Diego (for obvious reasons 😀).

I suggest you call the HAL World Cruise desk and submit a FCR. It was only $200 and is fully refundable. Then you will be notified automatically. Don’t call the regular HAL #. They don’t know how to do a FCR. Only the WC desk knows about it.

As the Zaandam is likely to be in Alaska the summer of '26 (is for '25), my guess is that it will leave from Vancouver and end in San Diego. Fingers crossed for fall of '26, as this would replace the 56-day Vancouver to San Diego Tales of the South Pacific (Zaandam is doing this in '25).

Has anyone heard recent comments from an FCC about Grand Asia?

On 8/24/2024 at 10:02 AM, mwj said:

Fingers crossed for fall of '26, as this would replace the 56-day Vancouver to San Diego Tales of the South Pacific (Zaandam is doing this in '25).

I hope not, that's the cruise we're hoping to book in '26.

That would be a shame as the South Pacific, IMHO, would be much more fun. My20 night RT South Pacific cruise was the best cruise I've ever taken by far!!!

On 5/27/2024 at 1:05 AM, Nancy&Frank said:

Please keep me posted. 

The Grand Voyages have, I believe, always been r/t from either FLL or the west coast.  That is one of the best parts of those cruises.

Sandiego 1- from where/whom did this rumor emanate?  We should be hearing fairly soon if a fall '26 Grand Asia is planned.  Maybe a call to the World Desk is in order.  

15 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

I hope not, that's the cruise we're hoping to book in '26.

It most likely would be taken over by another HAL ship.  The itinerary is duplicated every year and, frequently, twice a year.  We are booked on the 50-day New Zealand, Australia, S. Pacific in March, 2026, but will cancel in a heartbeat if the Grand Asia is returning in the fall of '26.  The ship has to depart and return via the Pacific, and one  direction it would likely sail through the S. Pacific.  We had a wonderful time on the 89-day 2018 Grand Asia and would love the opportunity to sail it again.