Boston in a day

On 8/7/2024 at 9:21 AM, Gramontherun6 said:

Arriving on a sunday around 3 and cruising on monday     hotel in seaport area.  will it work to drop off luggage at hotel and then spend the evening trying to see some of the sights in boston?  Arriving back in port on a Friday early am and not leaving for home until  1:30 from South station.(Amtrak)  Concerns regarding luggage drop if we were to try to see a little more before we leave.  from what i have read there is a drop at a convenience store at south station but that seems iffy to me.  also a drop on the fifth floor south station at Grayhound.  (sounds a bit more secure?)  anybody have experience with doing something similar? Thanks! We havent been to boston in years and would like to take advantage of the two little blocks of time we will have before and after the cruise!

I believe the luggage storage at South Station is thru Bounce. We used Bounce in Sydney, Australia. Luggage was kept in a restaurant. We felt it was safe however we carried our valuables and passport with us. When you give them the luggage take a photo of it in front of the person taking it. 

On 8/12/2024 at 10:34 PM, Traveling Library said:

I believe the luggage storage at South Station is thru Bounce. We used Bounce in Sydney, Australia. Luggage was kept in a restaurant. We felt it was safe however we carried our valuables and passport with us. When you give them the luggage take a photo of it in front of the person taking it. 

Plenty of nice hotels right around South Station that will be happy to store your luggage in a secure bell closet for a decent tip. Intercontinental, Boston Harbor Hotel, Langham, Dagney etc. 

1 hour ago, latebuyer said:

I’m going to uber in to boston the date of my cruise to save on uber costs. May i ask what green line stop is closest to the cruise port?

Assume you mean take the T into Boston to save Uber costs. There is no Green Line station near the pier-- Boylston and Park St are the closest but they you would have to transfer to the Silver Line 2 bus branch which, going from the map, I'm not entirely sure is possible from the Green Line to do directly. 

If you're coming in from the burbs look at commuter trains that get you to South Station. From there it's an easy Silver Line ride to the pier. 

I think this sort of fits in here. Basically i am booked to stay one night at an airport hotel and other night at oasis guest house. The issue is oasis guest house doesn't have a 24 hour front desk so can't stay there the first night. So i can get a pretty good rate at revolution hotel and stay both nights and i'm wondering how convenient that would be given all i want to do is do the freedom trail, go to Boston MFA and Isabelle Gartner Museum and Copley square. I decided to go on the freedomtrail.org tour (for time discipline) which ends at faneuil hall and i think starts near parker street. Any idea which would be best? I may be overthinking things, just wondering if its better to be right downtown.