Airport transfer costs after disembarkation in Trieste?

Does anyone know (or have a list of) the airport transfer costs from Trieste to all the various airports in the vicinity that NCL offers transfers to?

Posted (edited)

I've basically narrowed down my flight options to two airports:

1. TSF (Treviso airport that serves as a 2nd airport for Venice)

2. LJU (Ljublana, Slovenia)

Does anyone have experience getting flights from either of these airports after disembarkation in Trieste? Did you make your own way there or booked a transfer through NCL?

Edited by astera

Don't forget Trieste does have its own airport,  flights are limited but connections are available through places such as Rome and Frankfurt . Venice Marco Polo Airport is a shorter distance from Trieste than Treviso Airport . Flixbus run daily services Trieste to Marco Polo Airport I have purchased  a ticket for October for around 18 euros .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, astera said:

I've basically narrowed down my flight options to two airports:

1. TSF (Treviso airport that serves as a 2nd airport for Venice)

2. LJU (Ljublana, Slovenia)

Does anyone have experience getting flights from either of these airports after disembarkation in Trieste? Did you make your own way there or booked a transfer through NCL?

Lots of experiences on the Port of Italy board on this forum. I have been looking myself and trying to decide my options but from Venice to Trieste. 

• Like 1

When I was on the Gem in Oct 2023, the transfer options were only to Venice or Trieste airports.  I think the transfer was $65.  I took FlixBus to VCE for about 20E. 

• Like 2

Thanks guys, I'm heading to Warsaw next after this cruise and no matter how I look at it I just cannot put Trieste airport to any good use. There is a rather tight connection via Olbia (Sardinia) but with luggage and all it's just too risky in case we miss our connection.

Ljublana has the most convenient flight but the price is a bit jacked up, which leaves me with a plan to fly from Treviso to Wroclaw (WRO) and maybe get 2 nights in a hotel there to enjoy the city before moving on.

Flixbus can get me to Venice Airport in approx. 2 hrs which seems fine. I take it it shouldn't be a problem to get to Treviso Airport from there, even if by minibus?

1 hour ago, astera said:

Flixbus can get me to Venice Airport in approx. 2 hrs which seems fine. I take it it shouldn't be a problem to get to Treviso Airport from there, even if by minibus?

We used GoOpti last year, it was a shared mini van. We did not have to wait long for the other passengers.  Got us from the port to Venice in around 1 hour 40 minutes.
Good Service. 

It would take less time to get to the airport.

image.png.c608666429a4fb61d28f50fdee171ec0.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, astera said:

Ljublana has the most convenient flight but the price is a bit jacked up, which leaves me with a plan to fly from Treviso to Wroclaw (WRO) and maybe get 2 nights in a hotel there to enjoy the city before moving on.

Why not just take the train from Trieste to Treviso, then a cab to the airport.  There are a couple of nonstop trains at 2 hrs, but most require a change in Venice Mestre, 2 1/2hrs. But the train ticket is only about 20E

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WexIrl said:

We used GoOpti last year, it was a shared mini van.

Many thanks, that's one option I guess. There are 6 of us though so maybe we could just get an entire van outright...

1 hour ago, mapleleaves said:

Why not just take the train from Trieste to Treviso, then a cab to the airport.  There are a couple of nonstop trains at 2 hrs, but most require a change in Venice Mestre, 2 1/2hrs. But the train ticket is only about 20E

Is it mainly Trenitalia I need to pay attention to? They seem to list more buses on their website than trains but I'll look into the latter more closely. The cab ride would definitely be shorter from Treviso than Venice airport.

I just booked our flight and it's at 2:20pm so it should be a stress-free journey (I hope!).

Since there are 6 of you, GoOpti would be the best option.  The frequent complaint about them is that they cancel if there aren't enough pax to share the ride, but since you have a built in group, you might meet their minimum.  Something to ask them about though.

The advantage of GoOpti is ..... the service is from ship to airport. 

With FlixBus and the train, you have to get yourself to the station, Both are about a 15 minute walk from the pier. (easy on a nice day but an hr wait for a cab if its stormy). And again from the Treviso station to the airport.

(I only looked at trenitalia.  If the trip is on one of their Regional trains there's no advantage to reserving ahead of time; they don't sell out and the price stays the same. But if it's a Frecci train, you can choose your seat and advance purchases are cheaper.)

• Like 1