Lunch in Dining Room Embarkation Day Magnifica

runner2013

Hi all, 

First timers here sailing on MSC, does anyone know if there is a dining room open on the Magnifica for lunch on embarkation day? DH and I are not big fans of the craziness that seems to happen in the buffet area. 

TIA

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2024 at 11:46 AM, runner2013 said:

Hi all, 

First timers here sailing on MSC, does anyone know if there is a dining room open on the Magnifica for lunch on embarkation day? DH and I are not big fans of the craziness that seems to happen in the buffet area. 

TIA

Usually MSC Cruises only have the buffet open for lunch at embarkation, and main dining room is open starting at dinner time. 

• 3 weeks later...

In my experience with MSC, some had lunch in MDR, some didn't, depends on the cruise.  For the most recent report on the Magnifica, "Essiesmom" just posted her live blog on this forum (dated July 12), and on post #45 (page 2), she wrote (with pictures) she had lunch in the MDR on embarcation day (July 19).......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On my sailing, the dining room was open for lunch. The Magnifica is running 3, 4, and 7 day sailings, and they market b2b's as 10 and 11 day sailings. I was on the ship for 10 days and got a letter telling me the mdr would be open for lunch on turnaround day. Seems like the open the MDR for the b2b passengers, but anyone can go. It was actually my best experience in the MDR on that sailing.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, kad56 said:

On my sailing, the dining room was open for lunch. The Magnifica is running 3, 4, and 7 day sailings, and they market b2b's as 10 and 11 day sailings. I was on the ship for 10 days and got a letter telling me the mdr would be open for lunch on turnaround day. Seems like the open the MDR for the b2b passengers, but anyone can go. It was actually my best experience in the MDR on that sailing.

Turnaround days are embarkation days for those newly boarding, so they are open all embarkation days?