Queen Anne inside cabins

merela

Posted (edited)

We have to decide to go with Inside cabin guaranteed or select 2 cabins close together on Queen Anne.  It’s the IB category, so these inside cabins will be midship.  Are there any inside cabins we should avoid?  

Everything is so new to us.

Thanks everyone.  

Edited by merela

Not midships but I have one forward on deck 7.  It is superbly placed for stairs and lifts and exceptionally quiet - on this voyage anyway.  I'd book it again in a heartbeat.

However if watching TV is important you  it might be wise to check the room layout before booking as my cabin and many others have the TV to the side of the bed.  Personally I never switch it on apart from to check ship position or weather but a large number have made complaints about this on the current voyage.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Not midships but I have one forward on deck 7.  It is superbly placed for stairs and lifts and exceptionally quiet - on this voyage anyway.  I'd book it again in a heartbeat.

However if watching TV is important you  it might be wise to check the room layout before booking as my cabin and many others have the TV to the side of the bed.  Personally I never switch it on apart from to check ship position or weather but a large number have made complaints about this on the current voyage.

Hi, 

Thanks for your comments. I am booked in an inside stateroom forward on Deck 7 for the ship's 2025 world cruise (98 days from New York to Southampton). I am booked in this stateroom as a solo traveler (the cost to upgrade to an outside stateroom is beyond my budget with the single supplement). 

The inside staterooms look fairly small on the video tours but the storage space seems to be adequate. Do you think one of these inside staterooms would be adequate for a solo traveler for 98 days? I am usually fine in an inside stateroom, but this will be my first very long cruise.

Thanks, 

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

Thanks for your comments. I am booked in an inside stateroom forward on Deck 7 for the ship's 2025 world cruise (98 days from New York to Southampton). I am booked in this stateroom as a solo traveler (the cost to upgrade to an outside stateroom is beyond my budget with the single supplement). 

The inside staterooms look fairly small on the video tours but the storage space seems to be adequate. Do you think one of these inside staterooms would be adequate for a solo traveler for 98 days? I am usually fine in an inside stateroom, but this will be my first very long cruise.

Thanks, 

Chuck

The room is small but I'd say very adequate for one.  As a lady I have a lot of clothing, particularly as this is a cruise where I needed coats and sweaters.  I am managing okay.

My dinner companions are in balcony cabins (two guys) and they tell me it's been a challenge. They brought some hangers of their own.

From chatting around the ship every one except Grills passengers are commenting on the closet situation.  Personally I'd stick with your inside on cost grounds.  I'd happily book again in this room as a solo.

Which cabin number do you have?

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

When we were on the Canaries voyage we visited voyage sales. In a general conversation about the ship the staff member said to be sure to complete the survey. He said some things had already been identified which are already in the pipeline to be addressed. The one thing he mentioned was the position of TVs in the inside cabins - he said they plan to fit brackets so they can be angled. He didn’t give a time scale for it to be done. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

The room is small but I'd say very adequate for one.  As a lady I have a lot of clothing, particularly as this is a cruise where I needed coats and sweaters.  I am managing okay.

My dinner companions are in balcony cabins (two guys) and they tell me it's been a challenge. They brought some hangers of their own.

From chatting around the ship every one except Grills passengers are commenting on the closet situation.  Personally I'd stick with your inside on cost grounds.  I'd happily book again in this room as a solo.

Which cabin number do you have?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. This makes me feel better about booking an inside stateroom. My cabin number is 7046. This seems to be a good location.

Would you suggest requesting that the beds be separated? I think this might be good so that I could use one of the beds for seating, storage, etc. 

Chuck

5 minutes ago, TowandaUK said:

When we were on the Canaries voyage we visited voyage sales. In a general conversation about the ship the staff member said to be sure to complete the survey. He said some things had already been identified which are already in the pipeline to be addressed. The one thing he mentioned was the position of TVs in the inside cabins - he said they plan to fit brackets so they can be angled. He didn’t give a time scale for it to be done. 

Ah, the survey. I am still eager with anticipation of its arrival.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. This makes me feel better about booking an inside stateroom. My cabin number is 7046. This seems to be a good location.

Would you suggest requesting that the beds be separated? I think this might be good so that I could use one of the beds for seating, storage, etc. 

Chuck

How strange. That is my cabin!! I have the beds as one and separating them may work better on a long voyage.  It depends on how much room you might need.  Have a look at my current Queen Anne British Isles thread as I've posted photos of the storage over there.

If you split them you could use the bed on the farthest side for sitting to watch TV if you wished.  I can walk around the room on all sides, it is quite comfortable to do so.

I love this cabin.  I'm an appalling sleeper yet I'm getting 7-8 hours unbroken sleep every night. I'm going to miss it!

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi,

Chuck

I always get the beds split whatever cabin grade I am in. It does make the room feel more spacious and as you say is useful for using to keep stuff on. I definitely think that would be a good option for you. 

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

How strange. That is my cabin!! I have the beds as one and separating them may work better on a long voyage.  It depends on how much room you might need.  Have a look at my current Queen Anne British Isles thread as I've posted photos of the storage over there.

If you split them you could use the bed on the farthest side for sitting to watch TV if you wished.  I can walk around the room on all sides, it is quite comfortable to do so.

I love this cabin.  I'm an appalling sleeper yet I'm getting 7-8 hours unbroken sleep every night. I'm going to miss it!

Hi,

This is a funny coincidence! It makes me feel better about booking this stateroom after reading these positive comments.

Thanks,

Chuck

• Like 4