Uber from MIA to Carnival Celebration and Back

Hi y'all.  We're unable to travel the day before the cruise so we're taking a flight that gets us into Miami at 845 am on Sunday, June 9.  I plan to get an Uber after getting our luggage.  We have the 930 to 10 am arrival at the port for check in.  I don't worry about being too early.  I just want to make sure it's an easy process to get an Uber at the airport.  Is it?  

After the cruise on the morning of June 15, we will walk off with our own luggage which is usually one of the first groups off.  I'll request an Uber then too.  Is it easy to get an Uber at the port?  I imagine it is because lots of people are looking for rides.  Is it?  

Thanks!

3 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Lots of Uber and Lyft cars available at both MIA and the port - wait should not be more than about 5 minutes.

Thank you.  I was assuming that but you know what happens when you assume.  I wanted someone to confirm it.  So thanks again!

We will be dropping off our hire car at the Miami airport rental facility.

Where do we pick up an Uber please? Is there a special area? 

Many thanks. 

2 hours ago, ellie1145 said:

We will be dropping off our hire car at the Miami airport rental facility.

Where do we pick up an Uber please? Is there a special area? 

Many thanks. 

This is what Uber says:

Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 9.40.12 AM.png

I would add then when you get off the ship, if your flight is relatively early, then skip the rideshare and just grab a taxi. You'll have to wait for a rideshare to accept your request and then drive to pick you up. I've had a 15 minute proposed time previously because there typically are multiple ships arriving on many days. That's fine if you have plenty of time until your flight departure. But if you're in any kind of hurry, just grab a taxi because they're already there, lined-up waiting for passengers, zero wait time.

24 minutes ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

I would add then when you get off the ship, if your flight is relatively early, then skip the rideshare and just grab a taxi. You'll have to wait for a rideshare to accept your request and then drive to pick you up. I've had a 15 minute proposed time previously because there typically are multiple ships arriving on many days. That's fine if you have plenty of time until your flight departure. But if you're in any kind of hurry, just grab a taxi because they're already there, lined-up waiting for passengers, zero wait time.

That's great information.  I don't have a preference of Uber versus taxi.  I just want to get to the airport for an 11 AM flight.  If we disembark by 830 carrying off our own bags, we can get to MIA with enough time.  Thanks!

• Like 1