How do I drop my luggage off in Vancouver?

kad56

I pack light and I've always walked on board with all my luggage. I need to drop it off this time since it'll be way too heavy. How that does work? Who do I give it to at the port? In Fort Lauderdale, it's always seemed like there are so many random people in the port, I've never felt comfortable handing my luggage over....

Your best bet is to take your bag to the garage (one level below the street).  There will be porters there to collect your bag.  If you are being dropped off by a car service (uber/lyft/taxi), be sure to have them drive down into the garage.  Most will want to drop you off in the front of Canada Place (Pan Pacific Hotel).  

Did this two+ weeks ago in Canada Place.

I walked to the terminal from my hotel.  (This also applies if you’re taking the very convenient skytrain to the port.). Once at Canada Place, you’ll be directed to a walkway heading into the underground parking garage (looking at the building from the street, towards the right.).  Plenty of signs and staff giving instructions.  Once down there, following the walkway, you’ll find trucks and Canadian terminal workers taking bags.  If there are more than one ship boarding, make sure you see a sign for Princess at the trucks.  Give them the bags you are checking in (they’ll double-check the bag tags) and proceed to get your medallions or if you already have them, to security.

if taking a taxi/Uber, your driver will be directed down the ramp to the garage (an experienced driver will know exactly where to go), it’s in the same general area, but a little separated.  I don’t recall if there was a separate area, or if they were directed to the same loading area.

note that our ship was late, so we were essentially the only ship boarding at that point.  No doubt with two/three ships boarding at the same time, it’ll be a little more crowded, with multiple drop-off areas.  (There’s more of a distance from the drop-off area to the ships, hence the trucks rather than just loading onto carts.)

bottom line, plenty of port staff there to direct you, just make sure the sign says Princess.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, BDevilCruiser said:

bottom line, plenty of port staff there to direct you, just make sure the sign says Princess.

It may not be enough to make sure the sign says Princess. Princess may have two ships leaving on the same day. Make sure they are taking bags for your ship.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

It may not be enough to make sure the sign says Princess. Princess may have two ships leaving on the same day. Make sure they are taking bags for your ship.

Touché!  Thanks for the clarification!

We were on the Ruby Princess on 21 - 28 May 2024.  We entered Canada Place and followed the signage (Ruby was the only ship departing that day) with our luggage.  We dropped off our luggage before we passed through security as we made our way to the ship.  Embarkation went very smooth.  We did not have to drop off our luggage in the underground parking garage. 

1 hour ago, helovestrains said:

We were on the Ruby Princess on 21 - 28 May 2024.  We entered Canada Place and followed the signage (Ruby was the only ship departing that day) with our luggage.  We dropped off our luggage before we passed through security as we made our way to the ship.  Embarkation went very smooth.  We did not have to drop off our luggage in the underground parking garage. 

We boarded Sapphire on May 11 and the ground level drop off option was not available. It was the day before when we walked there to check it out.  This is much more convenient for those walking from nearby hotels like we were doing.

14 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Your best bet is to take your bag to the garage (one level below the street).  There will be porters there to collect your bag.  If you are being dropped off by a car service (uber/lyft/taxi), be sure to have them drive down into the garage.  Most will want to drop you off in the front of Canada Place (Pan Pacific Hotel).  

Our Uber driver got a ticket for dropping us off in front of Canada Place. I think because he got out of the car to get our bags from the trunk. He was quite angry and was still arguing with the guy as we headed down the garage ramp.