Restaurants in Stockholm

Our party of four is arriving in Stockholm a few days early for the Stockholm to Dublin cruise and my DW’s birthday is on Sunday, 7/21 and we are looking for a nice restaurant for her birthday dinner, any suggestions?

3 hours ago, patbob1 said:

Our party of four is arriving in Stockholm a few days early for the Stockholm to Dublin cruise and my DW’s birthday is on Sunday, 7/21 and we are looking for a nice restaurant for her birthday dinner, any suggestions?

Wherever we travel in the world we LOVE good food. If I don't have a connection, which I rarely do, I google and get insanely good recommendations. But you have to know how to tell the truly good from the not so hot.

Our absolute favorite restaurant in Stockholm was

Stockholms Gastabud.

It’s in the old town at Österlånggatan 7, 111 31 Stockholm, Sweden

and you can find them on FB.

The only downside is that the restaurant is tiny and they don’t take reservations. Food however was superb.

I highly recommend Restaurant Ekstedt (https://ekstedt.nu) A modern take on scandinavian gastronomy, yet old fashioned/classic in the sense that the only source of heat in the kitchen is burning wood and there's absolutely no molecular gastronomy. Superb quality and one Michelin star. Many restaurants close down for holidays for a few weeks around that time, so wherever you plan on eating I recommend reservations well in advance. 

I suggest the smörgåsbord in the Veranda of the Grand Hotel.  It is a classic, Swedish smörgåsbord.  Our Swedish friends have taken us there on special occasions.  Book a table ASAP.  Last year the cost was about 700 SEK per person.