Storing luggage underneath bed limitation.

1 hour ago, jwitt2 said:

My suitcase was too thick to fit under the bed on one of the older ships out of Baltimore. I asked the stewardess to store it somewhere. She pulled the couch away from the wall and we put all of our luggage back there. I ended up doing this on some other cruises. 

Sometimes there's a metal bar at the edge of the bed that is lower than the rest of the underneath space.  You might try lifting the edge of the bed then slide your suitcase underneath.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Sometimes there's a metal bar at the edge of the bed that is lower than the rest of the underneath space.  You might try lifting the edge of the bed then slide your suitcase underneath.

Be careful doing this !  A number of years ago we did this exact thing on a Grandeur sailing.  We must have inadvertently disconnected the beds when we did it b/c some time during the night, the beds separated and a vast abyss developed between the 2 beds !  The room attendant fixed it the next day and we had a good laugh.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2024 at 9:49 AM, ONECRUISER said:

Bag/Bags of Linen are always under my Bed during Cruise, been this way since Pre-CV. My Luggage is too thick and does fit anyway, it's the style with spinner wheels sticking out, so it goes in the Closet

Some have reported opening their suitcase, laying it open, and then storing it under the bed.  They are able to use the suitcase as a laundry hamper as well.  Slide it like out a drawer and thrown in the dirty clothes and slide it back.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rcrabb1513 said:

Some have reported opening their suitcase, laying it open, and then storing it under the bed.  They are able to use the suitcase as a laundry hamper as well.  Slide it like out a drawer and thrown in the dirty clothes and slide it back.

Thanks but no these older soft side Sets the Wheel Base sits out so opening them doesnt help. 

On 6/3/2024 at 4:36 PM, jwitt2 said:

My suitcase was too thick to fit under the bed on one of the older ships out of Baltimore. I asked the stewardess to store it somewhere. She pulled the couch away from the wall and we put all of our luggage back there. I ended up doing this on some other cruises. 

Hey, that's a good idea. It wouldn't work for us because we always book small cheap cabins and need all the space we can manage. But for most cruisers, that could solve a problem.