Do you buy 2 lengths of jeans?

zcat

A friend and I were wondering if anyone else but the 2 of us buy a shorter jean for lower heel shoes and a longer jean for high heels? We want ours to be the perfect length for what ever shoes we have on. Yes they are designer jeans and do cost a lot but we won't wear them dragging on the ground or be too short for high heels. Sooooo we are fussy. Is it just us?

I buy my jeans to be worn with certain shoes....high heels or very high heels.

I do not care for jeans that either drag on the ground, or are too short for my heels.

So no...it isn't just ya'll!

~e

...but I also do this with chinos and black dress pants, too! Hate to see pants dragging & rumpled at the bottom, but even worse are those that are too short!! I'm kind of tall, so it is hard for me to find pants that are "long enough" with high heels...but I manage. Cache's bi-stretch pants are pretty long...

Happy Sails!

Hey Blue Herons - where do you find jeans that are that long? Sometimes just "long" at GAP or similar, isn't long enough...

Paper, Denim, & Cloth Jeans, BCBG Max Azria Jeans, Blue Cult Jeans, and one pair of my Seven Jeans. All of my other high end are at least a 35 inch inseam which is still longer than Gap.

It is the weirdest thing.

I definitely have different length jeans (and all pants) that I wear with different heel heights. I wear everything from a casual loafer to a 4 inch spikey shoe so I have jeans that fit all lengths. Its funny, but I also find the GAP jeans to be on the short side. Those are usually the pants I wear with a 2 inch heel shoe. I'm 5'51/2" and buy the regular length. I also bought a pair of INC jeans, and with my 4 inch shoes they came down all the way to the bottom of the shoe. It definitely depends on the brand and cut of the jean as far as length is concerned.

I work at GAP so I thought I'd chime in on the discussion. GAP just standardized the length on all jeans so here's the current inseams...

Petite (available online only) - 29"

Ankle - 30"

Regular - 32"

Long - 34"

Tall (available online only) - 36"

Even though I'm 5'7 I have no legs :( so I can wear a regular length with most of my shoes.

HTH -

I work at GAP so I thought I'd chime in on the discussion. GAP just standardized the length on all jeans so here's the current inseams...

Petite (available online only) - 29"

Ankle - 30"

Regular - 32"

Long - 34"

Tall (available online only) - 36"

Even though I'm 5'7 I have no legs :( so I can wear a regular length with most of my shoes.

HTH -

Thanks for the info!

It has been a while since I've bought any GAP jeans...glad to know the talls are available on-line. Even though I'm about 5'7 1/2" I can wear the longs if my heels stay under 3".

~e

I wear flat shoes 99.9% of the time, but I buy petite inseams for the summertime, when I'm wearing sandals and I want ankle-length, and regular inseam for the wintertime when I'm wearing shoes and socks or tights, or boots. I went to Las Vegas in January a couple of years ago and realised, much to my mortification, that I was doing a pretty good Michael Jackson imitation with the shoes and socks I was wearing with the petite-length jeans! At least I wasn't wearing silver lamé socks... I've also found that what are meant to be cropped trousers for taller people work out to be good ankle-length trousers for me.

Paper, Denim, & Cloth Jeans, BCBG Max Azria Jeans, Blue Cult Jeans, and one pair of my Seven Jeans. All of my other high end are at least a 35 inch inseam which is still longer than Gap.

It is the weirdest thing.

Well all of those jeans are way out of my price range. Maybe that's the deal - the expensive ones are longer....?

I wear the Longs from the Gap - fine for most shoes, but I wish they were about 1 inch longer. Tommy Hilfiger Talls are perfect for me.

Archived